DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to install a 3" body lift on my 97 1500. I already have a 3" suspension, and am currently running 33's on a 16x8 rim. What I am wondering is how big of a tire can I fit on this truck. Is a 37/12.50/r15 way too big or will it fit. I am going to trade out my rims for some 10inch wide 15's or whatever good deal I can find... By the way I am planning on regearing it and considering 4.56's, is that too low.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
10 wide rims wil lgive you rubbing issue alone.
33's is the biggest I would run on 3" of lift. 37's will be into the fenders

·
Registered
662 Posts
v10 i think you might have misunderstood. He is going to have 6 inches of lift after the body, not 3 because he already has a 3 inch suspension. 37's seems much to big for 6 inches of lift though.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Yep I read it wrong.
You will get some rubbing with 6" of lift. Problem with the 3" suspension, is the kits dont have longer control arms, so the front axle gets pulled back a bit, and causes the front tire to be closer to the rear fender lip.

AS for gears, if you are running 37's, go to 4:56, or 4:88's when the y become available for your truck

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it does have longer control arms, I guess that will help a bit, but I just don't want to get in the same situation I am in now which is tires looking to small in the wheel well. but I was kinda thinking that 37's were too big, but I was hoping someone maybe have this same setup.

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Are these longer arms that came with the kit? Ive never seen a 3" kit come with longer arms. The arms that come with the kit are the same length as OEM arms, jsut built stronger. Id measure your old arms compared to the new ones. I bet the are the same lenght. On the 5" kits have the longer arms.

·
Bushwacker!
2,787 Posts
ditto what v10sport says.

mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.