DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 1997 Dodge Caravan SE, it's a work van and pretty beat up, we needed a set of tires so I ordered a cheap set from Jack Williams. I had the wife take it in while I was at work and when I got home I noticed they put a nice brand new set of Michelin Defender's on it. They haven't said anything yet, but the tires are bigger, our van size is 215/65/15, the Michelin's are 215/70/15, I was wondering how this would affect the van? I had her get in it and turn the wheel all the way and there is still a good 4-4 1/2 inches of room between the tire and the inside of the fender well.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Theoretically, the tire is about an inch taller and roughly two and a half inches larger in circumfrence. The worst you're going to deal with is the speedometer will probably be reporting a mile an hour or so slower than your actual speed. Congratulations on your new Michelins. Let JW's mistake be JW's problem. Your van will drive fine with the tires as is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2006 dodge caravan se. Standard tire size says 215 65 16....will 245 75 16 tires work? I have a brand new set off an s10. Please help.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you haven't found this out already, I think the tires will rub. They are at least 1 size taller and 3 sizes wider. :nono

1 - 4 of 4 Posts