DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 extended cab with 245/75/16 tires. I want to put the largest Goodrich A/T on it that I can. How large can I go without changing rim size? I am trying to raise the chassis the least expensive way I can. Any help is appreciated.
I have to have tires regardless. :help:

·
The Green Machine
1,722 Posts
You can fit a 265/75/16 or 275/70/16 on stock 16x7 rims, not gonna lift ya very far though...

You didn't mention if you've got a 4x4 - if you do and you want a cheap lift, get some 2" or 3" front coil spacers and a rear AAL (add-a-leaf). They're plentiful on eBay or from a number of different lift manufacturers. The AAL will roughen the ride, however it is the cheapest way to go - not the best way, but it will do the job of lifting the truck.

BTW, If you decide against an AAL and want to use lift blocks - DON'T stack them! Remove the stock block, add the 3" inches of that block to any block you want to buy and get that size (i.e. if you want 3" total rear lift, get a new 6" block, remove the stock block and add the new one). Again, not the best way to get rear lift, but that can also be a cheap way to do what you want to do.

I would recommend saving up for a proper lift kit (new front and rear springs), but there are plenty of folks that go the route you're looking at currently.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I installed a set of 33x12.5 (285/75/16) BFG Mud Terrains and they rubbed at full lock on the rear portion of the fender liner.
Way back when I installed some 2" spacers in the front to get rid of the rub and level the truck.
The BFG A/Ts aren't as aggressive as the Mud Terrains so you might not have as much of a problem with rub.
Like said above, eventually you'll need to lift it right. I ended up getting a Fabtech 5.5 inch lift and used AALs in the back. Now I can clear 35's with no rub at full lock, fully compressed, doesn't matter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.