DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone ever had this done? My X-Terrains are riding so rough that everything rattles and roars and vibrates and I get headaches driving my truck sometimes. I was told theres places that take your tires and shave the tread off til they are smooth and even again, also known as tire truing.. Any one had it done? whats the price on this?

· Registered
587 Posts
hit ur gasand your break at the same time. do this like 3 trimes a day for 2 minutes at a time till things get better.
maico

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
805Batman said:
hit ur gasand your break at the same time. do this like 3 trimes a day for 2 minutes at a time till things get better.
maico
your forgot its a dodge transmission and we are lucky to have them survive normal driving, let alone brake stands... ;)

· Got 2 Hemis
5,057 Posts
Used to be a standard practice... I would stand and watch them shave 3K miles off my tires to make 'em round. Uh -- can you buy 'em round and save me a few bucks on the other end?

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MikeHTally said:
Used to be a standard practice... I would stand and watch them shave 3K miles off my tires to make 'em round. Uh -- can you buy 'em round and save me a few bucks on the other end?
what does it cost to have done

· what's your left leg doin
2,297 Posts
Nathan K said:
your forgot its a dodge transmission and we are lucky to have them survive normal driving, let alone brake stands... ;)
:thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny :thatfunny

1,971 Posts
I have heard of it and if i remeber the guy told me it was like 300 bucks to do it. I was like i'll deal with or just get new tires.

· Armed QC
953 Posts
It dosen't cost that much, it is just hard to find someone with the equipment to do it. I had it done on a set of Goodyear all terrains, and it helped, but it took off almost 1/4" of tread to get them true- 6 months later I had to get new tires anyway.

1,971 Posts
MikeHTally said:
Come on... Can't be that much. Are we talking about just "trueing" the tires?
That's what i understood we were talking about..

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MikeHTally said:
Come on... Can't be that much. Are we talking about just "trueing" the tires?
yes, spelled "truing" i believe. I spent some time on the net lookin into it and its not as common as it used to be in the bias ply days, so not many places have the equipment for it anymore, like someone else said

· Registered Confuser
6,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
m37boblee said:
It dosen't cost that much, it is just hard to find someone with the equipment to do it. I had it done on a set of Goodyear all terrains, and it helped, but it took off almost 1/4" of tread to get them true- 6 months later I had to get new tires anyway.
1/4 inch?! yikes. do you remember how much it cost? did they ride as good as new afterwards?

· Registered
862 Posts
I can't imagine that it costs that much. years ago we used to do it at Sears. They called it tire matching. The process was supposed to take any irregularities out of the tire/rim combo. If "regular" mounting and balance was $10 per tire then I think they charged $15 for mounting, tire matching, and balancing all together per tire.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.