DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have Nitto Teras on both my trucks. The 35x12.50x15s I have had on the Ram 1500 since 2004. I am not quite sure how many road miles they have seen, probably around 20K. They are great in the mud rain and snow. My girl always drives it to work when it snows.

I have had 265/70/17s on Ford Super duty for two years and 30K. They look barely worn at all. My ONLY complaints with these tires is that they don't look as cool as a mud tire and they tend to get rocks stuck in them and then sling them off when on the highway.

·
Part Time Mudder
3 Posts
im running cooper STTs on my 01. i got them at a swap meet with rims for 300. it was a steal they all have more than 3/4 tread. ive had them on there for a couple months and i love them. there loud enough to hear but not too loud where you have to crank the radio all the way up. going 80 down the highway they dont pull or wobble...nice smooth ride and i will say they do look very aggressive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dont know if the make them in 17s but i just got a set of yokohama geolandar m/t and i love them! They do amazing in the snow and ice/rain plus they out dig a super swamper in the mud! I can run 80 on the interstate with no vibration at all. There not all that noisy but just enough so you know you have mud tires on ur truck! Mine are 33x12.5x15

I currently run yokohama geolander a/t...and they are pretty awesome. Ive put about 25k miles on them and they have atleast 65% tread left. Im thinking about getting a set of these, maybe in 35x12.50. was wondering how the tread holds up to pavenemt? Ive read they wear really fast do to soft tread. i do about 80% onroad back n forth to college. You got any more pictures of these, or doese any one else have experience with these tires? thanks

·
master mind
144 Posts
I had mickey thompson baja mtz. I loved them. Got 60k out of them before I sold the truck with 30% left on them. Pulls hard the mud. Now I am running bfg m/t km2. Got them for 800.00 for a set of five with 6k miles on them. Haven't run them offroad yet.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a set of 35-12.50-17 Maxxis Trepadors on my cummins, 100% loved them althought i didnt get but around 22K miles out of them they pulled and cleaned out better than any mud tire i've ever had, including ground hawgs. I never had a ruff ride with them and they where a dirrectional tire. They would have lasted longer, but i rotated them twice and the balance wieghts fell off about 2 miles down the rd. after the first rotate. I am in the process of getting another set now!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have also had a set of 36" irok radials on my cummins and i definatly did not like them they looked GREAT, and did ok in the mud but they road as ruff as any tire that has ever been on that truck.
Now on my 98 1500 i have a set of the 36" military tires and they do fair in every aspect, they ride fair, they mud good, they do good in sand and last a while so far, but they are bias ply tires. They are very cheap compared to any other 36" mud tire, but that crazy 16.5" rim is hard to find any other tire for.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
I have use LTX Michelin tires in the past I like on how they ride very smooth but I think that I might go with there AT's tires the next time. I do have a long wait those because I still these HP stuff that are still good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mastercraft Courser MT..

Definitely didn't buy these the dealership I bought the truck from had them put on.. They are DECENT tires.. I actually am about to sell them and buy some Nittos. They don't do that bad in the mud or snow and are pretty quite tires. BUT I probably won't buy or use them again.

·
Right-wing nutjob.
371 Posts
After about six thousand miles, the Dakota M/Ts are doing real well for me. Wearing really well, no odd wear patterns, still tracking and gripping well. I just really wish they could be had in a 315.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Toyo M/T and Cooper discoverer stt's :cool:
I ran the Coopers on my XJ, which my neighbor now owns and they are great, A near Virtual copy of the Toyo's. Can't comment on wear as they only have about 10 miles so far.
Now I'm running the Toyo's on my 1500 ram and they handle great with nearly no road noise. Snow report to follow soon.
My brother has been running the Toyo's for about 5 years. He is on his second set, first set went 50,000 and he could of ran them another 5,000
The current set has 30,000 and they have just under 1/2 tread life left.
His truck is a 2004 2500 Deisel Quad cab loaded.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
glad to see this thread is taking off the way I intented it too

·
Registered
4 Posts
right now i'm running 37x12.5's on my 99 1500 and love them great on the road no noise do ok in the mud and are wearing awesome and look great but are a death trap in the snow but the truck is parked during the winter so i dont care

on my 89 w100 im running 38x14.5's toyo mt's best all around tire i've ever owned truck is also parked in winter and don't know how they are during the winter

on my jeep i run 37x13 boggers awesome on ther trail and mud makes great noise on the road but of coarse not a good tire for a daily driver once again jeep in parked in winter so don't know how they do in the snow

i've also ran 37x12.5 ssr's probably the 2nd best tire i have owned had 2 sets of them little bit a noise but good on and off road not bad in the snow got 40k out of first set and 30k out of 2nd i know swampers get a bad rap for daily drivers but these are great

and

35x12.50 truxus mt's great tire on and off road and go awesome in the winter loved the looks not much for milage

315/75/r16 bfg at's good road tires didn't run them that long not enough meat for but i was in a pinch and it was all the tire shop had seemed like an ok tire

37x12.5 pj dirt grips worst tire i've ever owned ok on road sucked off road sized way to small looked like 33's instead of 37's sucked in winter and only got about 10k or less would not take them if they were gave to me

315/75r16 pro comp m/t's just your basic m/t i liked them they did good in everything not the best tire but still very good

i would love to here feedback on more tires getting ready to lift my 05 and my girlfriends 08 would love to here more on then nitto m/t's, m16's, mtz and atz's and pro comp extreme mt's or anything looking for idea's

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking into buyings tires this upcomming week. I went to tire rack (was right next door to the grocery store so i figured id pop my head in while the wifes shoppin :thatfunny ) and i started to look at the BFG M/T KM2's. downside= got quoted at $400 a whack. but they are 38sx14.5x16. Im also lookin at the Super Swamper SSR radial/tsl tire. There 26$ more then the KM2s. Ive always loved the SSR's mounted on some American racing rims. Looks hawttt. :worthy: Idk I do alot of muddin but also alot of street travel. what do you guys suggest?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.