DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Master Of The SNAFU
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Checking tire prices for my Ram right now and almost having a stroke. Stockers are 265/70/17 puny little runts, looking at going with 285/70/17 tires. Seems all the local shops want about $225-$250 a tire. Thing is, I can mount and balance them here at work because we have the machines (mounting and balance), so I can save a little there. I ran across these Kumho Venture AT tires that are like half the price....I can buy them cash/carry for about $150/tire. Question is, are they garbage? I'd rather spend $800 for good ones than $600 for trash. Also, I see lots of people here have the Nitto Terra Grapplers, which I can buy 295/70/17 for about $175.00 each (online), but will they fit the stock rims and stock suspension on a 2500 QC 2004 without rubbing?

Main question is.....are the Kumhos garbage or just a really good deal, and are the Nittos a good value priced right between Kumho and something like a Cooper or BFG?

Sorry if this has been asked before, I've already gotten a lot of help here just by reading and figure you people will have the answers.

· Serenity
5,995 Posts

· If only I had more $$$
3,673 Posts
I have the Kuhmo road venture at's on my 1997 3/4ton CTD Dodge work truck, only have about 3000mi on them so far,.. but they seem to be pretty good. Truck has a compressor and welder in the back so its loaded all the time,.. haven't noticed any premature wear either..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.