DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be mounting my new wheels either saturday or monday and I need help ASAP with this. Do I need to order new sensors? Will they need to be programmed?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got a price on the sensors but according to the dealer nazis they said it wont work on aftermarket wheels. My wheel guy said they do work but he couldnt answer wether or not they need to be programmed. someone must have dealt with this already.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i have never seen a monitor for the mag is it a one piece system with the valve or is it a separate unit..??? :rck:

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Funny you ask this question. I just ran into this problem at work becase I sold a 2004 Escalade a set of 20's, and Escalades have the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). To make a long story short, we put regular stems on the 20's and next day he calls that his low tire light is on. Reason being that the sensors are not on the new wheels, so the computer reads 0 PSI. These were a set of American Racing wheels, and surprisngly the stock Caddilac sensors worked on the new wheels. Most aftermarket wheels are not designed to accept TPMS, but it is always worth a shot. I would defeintly have them taken off your stock wheels, just know that you will need another set for the stock wheels. To answer your other question, yes you will need to have them re-set at the dealership.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NHRam said:
Funny you ask this question. I just ran into this problem at work becase I sold a 2004 Escalade a set of 20's, and Escalades have the TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring System). To make a long story short, we put regular stems on the 20's and next day he calls that his low tire light is on. Reason being that the sensors are not on the new wheels, so the computer reads 0 PSI. These were a set of American Racing wheels, and surprisngly the stock Caddilac sensors worked on the new wheels. Most aftermarket wheels are not designed to accept TPMS, but it is always worth a shot. I would defeintly have them taken off your stock wheels, just know that you will need another set for the stock wheels. To answer your other question, yes you will need to have them re-set at the dealership.

thanks for the reply. I met you at carlisle last year. Your truck is sweet.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
thanks Mike. I saw the nic and I thought it was you, now I know for sure. Glad to see you are on the good side now, lol.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NHRam said:
thanks Mike. I saw the nic and I thought it was you, now I know for sure. Glad to see you are on the good side now, lol.

where do you work? Town Fair Tire?

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
NTB in Salem, NH

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
Yea, we can. I can get you out the door with lifetime balancing for about $100-$150 depending on what size tire you are going to run. Just remember about the sensors.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got them mounted at Town Fair. Big ordeal and they really SUCK! But I get wholesale there.

The sensors are working out awesome so far. No lights on yet.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
if you dont mind me asking, how much did it cost you? and what was the ordeal? Also what store did you get it done at?

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It was saugus store. They just didnt want to do it. He kept making up excuses. I paid $986 for the Hankooks mounted and balanced. I bought the wheels elsewhere. I think that was part of his issue with the mounting. But I have a wholesale account there and they shouldnt sell me the tires if they dont want to do them.

·
Layin' Low
2,032 Posts
yea, Im surprised they even did them, Town Fair ususally wont touch anything that wasn't bought at their stores.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.