DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Dakota. It currently still has the stock Goodyear 265/70/16 Wrangler RTS tires on it. The tires have 43,000 miles and have served their purpose quite well up until now.

Here's the problem: my tires are losing air pressure and I can't figure out why. I am losing between 15 - 20 psi every 2 days in 3 of my tires. I have changed my valve cores, inspected the tires for nails or holes and haven't found anything.

The most weird part of this is 4th tire is fine and doesn't lose air. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
192 Posts
its usually the stem but if you checked it then I dunno...

if I was you, i'd put the truck on a jack stand, take off one of the wheels and then soak the entire thing in soapy water... then check for any bubbles. make sure you unscrew the cap where the valve stem is so you can see a leak in that if there is one... or you can take it to a tire place if ya dont wanna mess with it.. they usually do the same process for free , especially if you say you might buy a new set of tires.

good luck

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
Did you perhaps bend a rim and unseat the tire alittle. Either way those tires are crap, replace them. There part of what causes vibrations in these trucks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.