DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 2500 QC 4x4 with the Hemi motor. I am in need of new tires. Can anyone tell me what is the largest tire I can run on the stock 17x9 rims with no lift and not get any rubbing? If I install a leveling kit what tire could I go to with the same results?

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
Joined in Oct 2007, and this is your first post!:) WOW, I would have forgot my username and password! haha

Best bet - take your truck to a local shop and see what they will do ..

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
My understanding is that with NO lift you can go up to a 285/70/17 or 295/70/17 (both are roughly 33" tall) with no rubbing (possible that a 1/4" spacer will be needed for the 295 though to avoid hitting the A-arm).

With a level, I've seen 35's put on with no issues. Tread pattern plays into this quite a bit too.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
My understanding is that with NO lift you can go up to a 285/70/17 or 295/70/17 (both are roughly 33" tall) with no rubbing (possible that a 1/4" spacer will be needed for the 295 though to avoid hitting the A-arm).

With a level, I've seen 35's put on with no issues. Tread pattern plays into this quite a bit too.
ahhh be carefull....he has a 2500....they are a different beast :thatfunny

I'm referring to the possibility of needing spacers.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Joined in Oct 2007, and this is your first post!:) WOW, I would have forgot my username and password! haha

Best bet - take your truck to a local shop and see what they will do ..
I've been a member of an Integra forum for about 3 years, have yet to post 'cuz any question I have is answered already.

As stated above, I'd take it to a shop as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts