DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have one tip for anyone thinking of debadging without the proper equipment....................................................................................................JUMP OFF A DAMN CLIFF LOL... I finaly got my 05 rc swb hemi partially debadged i got the Ram 1500 off both sides and the SLT off the tailgate.... i didnt have a scraper so i used the lid off of a pop bottle lol then i used some wd40 and a rag and tried to get that crap off lol... almost 2 hours of scrubbing i finaly got that crap off but it was so worth it lol... I am debating on whether to take the HEMI badge off....Oh I finaly figured out a good place for thos RAM 1500 badges..... on the floor matts lol... I was tryin to think of a usefull place to put them when i decided to try glueing them to the floor matts lol... I got it all measured and got them stuck on. Im sure they look pretty stupid to some folks but i like it... I will try to get some pics up tomorow....

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
If you run a search for "Debadging" you will find TONS of related topics with all kinds of good info to help you out!!!

·
Valdez Racing Team
13,913 Posts
...yup the fishing line worked best for me... had all my badges off (except hemi) in about 30 minutes (including cleanin the residue)

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Like freelantz said - if htere is something you not sure on how to do go to the search and find out how to do it :IDEA:

·
Registered
3,238 Posts
Yep, the fishing line works great.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No. You don't have to freakin' scrub to get off the tape. Just slowly pry up on the letters using a flat screwdriver and your finger as a fulcrum. Pry up one side, then the other. The letters will break free from the tape. Then, use your finger nail to pull up a corner of the tape. Once you have enough meat to hold on to, pull slightly to the side. As the tape stretches, it will release it's grip on the paint without any residue. When you are done, all you will have to remove is the tiny little bit of residue from the 1/8 of an inch that you lifted with your fingernail. END OF STORY.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i did have some letters come off very easy... like my slt.... i sprayed wd 40 on it and let it set forabout 5 minutes then hit it with some cold water.... and it just popped right off with no residue.... hmm... im always a day late and a dollar short... lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.