DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 Ram 1500SLT Crew just quit on me. Turning the key cranks it, but it won't turn over. A mechanic buddy of mine checked the compression, timing sensors, etc. No codes are showing when scanned, but still...nada.

We think it might be the TIPM. Has anyone dealt with this? Can these be bought from a parts supplier or do they have to be flashed by the dealer itself?

Any other suggestions would be helpful (couldn't be the ECM could it?)

·
Formerly Hemi1569
35 Posts
So the starter spins it over, but it won't run??

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2011 dodge ram 1500 4.7L stalled while driving I'm in Sudbury Ontario Canada, long story short, tipm ,fuel pump relay dead,apparently this has been a huge issue with recalls and law suits, new parts at dealer $1300, Labour 3hrs $350, my brother owns his own shop and his cost on the TIPM is $1000, online I found a guy at Verticalvisions.com, Jason Bell, he has 3 options, a jumper from an accessory fuse to the fuel pump fuse, send them your tipm and they will replace the fuel pump relay and or other relays, they will sell you a used or rebuilt tipm, check the website for complete details, also if anyone has used this service can you let me know how it went. My bro just got back to me and said try this # in Ontario Canada( for us snow flies) 1-866-573-0266 BBA remanufacturing, just got the # I'm going to call them in the morning Feb 19th 2016

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.