DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dodge 'em
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a few trucks around here that have tinted windows, i think it looks good but i'm wondering if anyone has done it, if so, how hard is it to do?

I'm looking at a kit that has a lifetime warrentee and the film is pre-cut for the windows.

In WA i can go as dark as 35% on all the windows, any idea's on how dark i should go?

·
Registered
717 Posts
From my experience with aftermarket window tint I didn't like it. I had a new Toyota minivan with distributor installed, Toyota approved, window tint a couple of years ago. The tint always had a somewhat hazy apperance at certain angles and was a royal pain to clean as it was terrible to streak. The out gas particles from the plastics of the interior stuck to the tint film much worse than it does to glass too. Don't know if that is true of all tint films or not but it ruined me on window tint films. I was glad to be rid of that van!

·
Registered
608 Posts
I tinted the back window on my truck. I had some left over from years ago. I got some thin cardboard to make a templet. it looks ok,the edges is not straight. Have time to do it and will need a spray bottle with some drops of dawn dish saop,a drivers license to smooth it out. Clean the window with tint window cleaner, no amonia. Pull the tint and plastic apart and keep spraying it and the window and put on. It is a pain at times. Good luck

·
Registered
365 Posts
35% isnt all that dark,if thats the legal limit thats what id go with. Have a professional shop do it it comes out much better,its not that expensive & most times lifetime guarentee on it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.