DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ABRam
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few members with blacked out taillights. ONe was right blacked out from the looks of it and the other you could still see the red. I really want to darken my taillights, not too dark just a nice tinting. Did you guys use the nightshade spray? Also did you spray the outside of them or take them apart and do the inside? Thanks guys

·
Registered
336 Posts
from what i've seen most people apply multiple coats to the outside of the taillights ... obviously the more coats you apply, the darker the lens will be. I haven't done it myself so i'm not sure about any prepwork before starting and between coats.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
yeah, i did it... just use the nite shades and spray untill you get the effect you want! its super easy! I too 10 mins to spray x2 for two coats and then let dry for two hours and put em back on! i lso did my 3rd brake light and taped off the clear work lights... looks awesome!

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
check my gallery for pics... ill try to get one up of my 3rd brake light

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
i took some window cleaneradn wiped them off making them nice and clean then i took paper towel and wiped them off with water to make sure there was no cleaner left that might ruin them... It was so easy and cheap... each can is $8 at my local performance shop. Its awesome!

·
Registered
336 Posts
piece of cake ... anyone have an atlantic blue ram with shaded taillights? I'm interested to see what they'd look like.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
that would look sick! (just photoshop your own) its easy!

·
Registered
336 Posts
this is as close as i can get without making it look flat black:

I couldn't do that though because then i'd have to debadge the tailgate to make it look right ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.