DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
New Vision
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well...I'm starting to research window tinting. In Virginia, the limit on the front door windows is 50% and there is no limit on the back. I talked with a guy about Diamond tint. Any comments or experience with this stuff? Suggestions or pictures? Should I consider that silver/mirrored stuff?

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
mirror looks good on some cars, but i would go with black, i would tell you to go with like 5% but i dont want to get you in trouble like i did.

heres a pic of mine

Attachments

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
yes, please dont get the mirror crap, if i ever saw a ram with that on it, i don't know what i would do. I have 15 on my side windows, and 5 on the rear, that sucks you can only have 50 to be legal. get black tint. and since yours is silver like mine, it kind of gives it the illusion that the windows are actually darker than they are, so it still looks cool if its not that dark.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
im gonna end up putting 30% i think on my side windows.. i dont know the exact law in california.. and the window tint guy i went to last time couldn't even tell me.

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
im gonna end up putting 30% i think on my side windows.. i dont know the exact law in california.. and the window tint guy i went to last time couldn't even tell me.
you cant have any tint on the front windows in cali, i got rocked for my tint just like a month ago

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Limo tint it all the way around... just drive with the front windows down all the time. lol

·
Registered
559 Posts
RAJ- your truck looks freakin Badass

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
ya raj, i know the legal limit is so damn low you can't really do anything to them.. but theres a guy up here with a lifted ford that has 30% and he hasnt got a ticket for it yet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Guys,

I am going to get window tint to on my Hemi, but am not sure what to get. I want the darkest black possible becasue my truck is black. Does anyone know what % the back windows come with from the factory, becasue they do have alittle tint on them, but my front ones don't, and it looks funny.

What is the legal amount in Texas? My friend who is manager of the large lexus dealership in Houston is going to do them for free, and he said he will put the darkest legal tint there is on them. I am hoping it is darker than what I see on the back windows right now?

Thank you,
Kyle

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
20% on the front windows... as dark as you want on the rears and I believe it comes stock with 35... but I might be wrong.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
Front Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.
Back Side Windows Must allow more than 25% of light in.
Rear Window Any darkness can be used.

Restricted Colors The tint color(s) of RED are not legal by state law.
Side Mirrors Dual side mirrors are required if back window is tinted.
Certificate Requirements Manufacturers of film need to certify the film they sell in the state. Ask your dealer if they are using ceritified film.
Sticker Requirements The sticker to identify legal tinting is required between the film & glass on the driver’s side window.
Medical Exemption State allows medical exemptions for special tint. For more details about the specific terms of the exemption, consult your state law.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts

·
ASE approved
8,862 Posts
i found a really cool window tint if anyone is intrested but its $1300 installed on a quad cab. thats all 6 windows though. but the nice part you cannot break in w/ a baseball bat. you can even get some that is bullet proof. if intresed go to www.shattergard.com and check it out. they use it on a show on the discovery channel called "it takes a theif" its cool stuff.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
And if I were a rapper... I'd have the on my armor plated Mega Cab SUV... however I'm not so I'll stick to the 180 dollar jobs. lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
OK so I want both the front and back to match, and want it to be the darkest legally, So that is %20 all the way around? I am guessing the lower the number of percent, the more black it becomes?

If the back has a %35 percent on it, does that mean they have to add 15% percent to the back, and the make the front 20% to have 20% all the way around?

What about the front windshield and back one?

What is a limo tint?

Thank you,
Kyle

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
limo tint = 5%

i dont know what they do with existing tint.. but you should get 5% on everything you can do.. then say 15 or 20 on the front windows.. they wont be exactly the same.. but it wont be very noticeable.. or do 5% in the back.. and 20 on the sides..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.