DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got 5% in the rear and 35% in the fronts, but im a little concerned. After i left the shop i realized that there are slight creases (not visible unless you stare at them for a while) that are in a hanfull of places. It also appears that it is wavy and there are water-like marks (kinda like u just wiped down a glass window and it leaves streaks).

I know that it takes a little while for the tint to dry and such, but should i be concerned? This is garunteed for life, so i will go back to get it fixed if it doesn't correct itself after 2 or 3 days, just wondering if this is normal.

Thanks

·
Registered
73 Posts
Just park it in the sun. It will go away.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
There was quiet a few bubbles and stuff in mine that settled out in a few days.. give it a week and if it hasnt settled.. you may be using that lifetime warranty.

·
Vertically-Challenged
12,020 Posts
Agreed. Wait a day or two and if its not got id go back asking some questions. I had what sounds like the same thing when i tinted the PT. It went away the first few days out in the sun.

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
Make sure you do not move those windows, leave them be for a while and it should clear up.. Sometimes they dont squegee(?msp) all the application fliud out of it, mainly consisting of water solution, if i am not mistaken, and this should clear up in a few days.. dont touch them or roll them down for atleast 3-4 days... That should cure them properly.. I left my windows up for a week because it took it that long for the bubbles to fade/go away, and it better than my friends that has to have his replaced still due to him rolling them down to early - 2 days after install... It all depends on your outside conditions too... If it hasnt cleared up in a week id take it back and get them to reinstall it... I have this done to all my cars/trucks and waiting, not rolling down your window for a while does help.. Later...

·
--> UNITY <--
2,417 Posts
the75powerwagon said:
There was quiet a few bubbles and stuff in mine that settled out in a few days.. give it a week and if it hasnt settled.. you may be using that lifetime warranty.
Yeah - don't move the windows. I got mine done when it was still cold up hear, so I let her run with the heat blasting right afterwards to help speed up the process. The installer told me to do this, cause if there is a problem you should notice it quicker while there is still time to fix it. The place also has a lifetime warranty so I'm not to warried about it, and haven't had any problems yet.

·
Registered
158 Posts
yeah, definately not a problem.. i had 1 or 2 fairly large bubbles that went away after about a week..

·
Registered
616 Posts
I can't believe how many of you guys had bubbles in your tint after getting it done. That is horrible. I know it will usually fix itself, but a reputable tint shop shouldn't let the car/truck out of the shop if it had the smallest imperfection.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I had a few bubbles on my sliding rear....they took the torch thingy to it....all gone. No problems since!

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
i had a few small bubbles in there.. and the ****in idiot ruined my seat.. trust me, i wont be going back there.. as far as the back window, he did a good job and it has a lifetime warranty.. i just have to find another place to have the tint done at.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I just got back from having mine tinted. Whats the general consensus(sp?) on how long to leave the windows up before the initial roll down? I usually wait 3 days.

·
Banned
524 Posts
3 days in the sun all the time is fine

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
if you live down here in hell....err..uhh...I mean Mississippi, Usually 45 Minutes in the sun with windows rolled up wil do the trick!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
1500quad said:
I can't believe how many of you guys had bubbles in your tint after getting it done. That is horrible. I know it will usually fix itself, but a reputable tint shop shouldn't let the car/truck out of the shop if it had the smallest imperfection.
Yea right.... i used to do tint for a place years ago and i was decent at it, would do the crapboxes while the pros did the expensive vehicles, no bubbles here, but the rest sounded somewhat normal, should dry up and be fine, if not you know what to do, hunt them down and shoot them, hahahahaha :rck:

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Tommyboy1 said:
if not you know what to do, hunt them down and shoot them, hahahahaha :rck:

Took the words RIGHT out of my mouth! :rck: :rck: :rck: :rck:

·
Registered
616 Posts
Tommyboy1 said:
Yea right.... i used to do tint for a place years ago and i was decent at it, would do the crapboxes while the pros did the expensive vehicles, no bubbles here, but the rest sounded somewhat normal, should dry up and be fine, if not you know what to do, hunt them down and shoot them, hahahahaha :rck:
I guess I'm just very biased, considering my best friend works at one of the best tint shops in New England. They were the first to get the machine that cuts rear window pieces in one piece, they train people from New York Etc... He actually has tinted Tom Brady's car among others. He would never let a car with bubbles in the tint leave the shop regardless of the make and model.

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
Leave your windows up for a week and out in the sun as much as possibe and it should go away. Thats what i did and thats what they reccomend.

BB

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
dskirtech said:
if you live down here in hell....err..uhh...I mean Mississippi, Usually 45 Minutes in the sun with windows rolled up wil do the trick!

They tell you to wait until the next day before dropping the glass here in Florida. I went through a drive threw and forgot two hours later and it did nothing to it. It was all dry. Whew!

·
Banned
524 Posts
that's when you know you need to move....that and when you get hit by a hurricane, or 3 in a row...I think god is trying to tell you something..

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
1500quad said:
I guess I'm just very biased, considering my best friend works at one of the best tint shops in New England. They were the first to get the machine that cuts rear window pieces in one piece, they train people from New York Etc... He actually has tinted Tom Brady's car among others. He would never let a car with bubbles in the tint leave the shop regardless of the make and model.
i was agreeing with you!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.