DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tinted my front windows 20%, I had 35% before and it wasnt nearly dark enough. I put the 20% on myself, and it came out decent, but I want to do it again to do a better job but also to put on darker tint and I'm wondering if anyone has any comments on how much darker 15 is than 20... The 20 just isn't dark enough.

I would love to do 5 and am still considering it, but I'm worried about getting hassled by the cops. You cant go anywhere and not see cars with dark front windows, but thats no gurantee you wont be the one to get stopped of course.

Regardless, I'm putting on atleast 15, but just wanting to decide if 15 will satisfy me or if I should dare go to 5.

·
September 2007 ROTM
1,332 Posts
5% :)

Or, do like me.. DOUBLE 5%

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
15% and 20% are about the same, i had 5% for a while loved it but got pulled over and now i did 20%, also tinted my windows at home so i dont get mad when i get pulled over, both the 5% and 20% tint jobs came out super clean.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
is 35 what you have on your windows in your signature? I'm tinting mine 35 on friday.. may ask the guy about doing 20 we'll see.. where in nor cal do you live? and 15 is just slightly darker than 20.

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, in the pics in my sig and gallery, the front windows had the 35%

it had just a slight tint noticable to it depending on the outside light, honestly I suggest seriouslly considering 20, 35 is barely noticable everyone used to tell me I should tint the front windows and I'd have to tell them I did lol the 20 is noticablly darker though for the most part you can still easily see in.

·
09 HEMI
5,965 Posts
Get 5%! U Wont Regret It. I Have One Sheet Of 5% On My Doors And Two Sheets Of 5% In The Rear. At First It May Seem Dark, But You Will Get Used To It. Just Do It!

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
No matter how dark you make the windows, the alrgest window in your truck is your windshield and the majority of the light comes in that way. I do 20% all the way around. On top of the factory tint so I have 4% net on my back rollups. I did 20% around and 5% on the back rollups in my wife's car and it's great. 5% makes it near impossible to see low-lit areas at night like when backing up.

Remember that 20% lets only about half the light through that 35% does so it's about twice as dark. 15% should only be a little darker and likely a good choice if you think 20% might not be enough. Also 15% is probably close enough to legal to be OK.

·
SRT-4
3,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, thanks to those who have replied...

Its just one of those desicions... I think I might just thrown on 5, I know I'll be happy with it and if I can get away with it all will be well. If I have to tear it off ever I'll just put on 15.

Sounds like a good idea to me, unless they give you a fine and not just make you tear it off lol Im not sure what they do

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.