DodgeTalk Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 4 7 dodge ram top left cam. gear windows are not in the same place as one I took off

·
Registered
2008 Ram Bighorn
180 Posts
Make sure you have a gear for the correct year, I think they changed when they went from a 16 to 32 tooth tone wheel. Also they changed for the 2008 4.7.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure you have a gear for the correct year, I think they changed when they went from a 16 to 32 tooth tone wheel. Also they changed for the 2008 4.7.
The cam gear that is on the 4.7 right side was put on before I bought it i ran but had miss fire codes i change coils spark plugs so many times I could change then with my i close I pulled vale covers trunk it over until damper was on top dead center an both cam gears were lined up started to pull timing cover an found old gears an chains took right side cam gear off truck matched timing marks an the window were off so now I order a new timing gear for a 2002 when it came in I took old gear with me it didn't match up with. Old one either I went on line no one has a answer I do buy a 2003 chain set it has the right cam gear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts