Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW....3,500 LBS!
No wonder it can't get quicker than a 11+ in 1/4....

I've heard that many of the parts in the suspension are exact duplicates of the mercedes. However theirs are aluminum and ours, well ,just let's say they are heavy! Does anyone know if they are interchangable or not????

Also, What about interior weight reductions? Has any one done anything to help this? I have an every day driver, but would like to loose a few pounds...(hint, still needs to be confortable).

Ok, I've got it!!!!! What about more horse power????? Say 1,500 hP???? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
WOW....3,500 LBS!
No wonder it can't get quicker than a 11+ in 1/4....

I've heard that many of the parts in the suspension are exact duplicates of the mercedes. However theirs are aluminum and ours, well ,just let's say they are heavy! Does anyone know if they are interchangable or not????

Also, What about interior weight reductions? Has any one done anything to help this? I have an every day driver, but would like to loose a few pounds...(hint, still needs to be confortable).

Ok, I've got it!!!!! What about more horse power????? Say 1,500 hP???? JUST KIDDING!!!!!!
:shocked: I was wondering the same thing, the suspension part?
:shocked: 3500# is on the lighterside, I think mine weights in at 4200#. I can't remember if I weighed it but thats the number that sticks in my head.
:shocked: 150+ mph vehicle that can do that with five folks and the dog isn't good enough for you? I know what you need, I just got one off eBay for 100 bucks, Superchips programer, most fun for the buck :loud:period

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Used...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you are right. I don't know why I was thinking 3,500. As for the programer, it seems from what I have read, that the diablo is the best. I still have many questions as it seems that there is no concesus on which parts work the best. I know that they all work well in conjuction to other parts, but which parts work best as a package?

I would like to see our mags consistently get down in to the 10's. We have an engine(s) capable of doing this. We just need to find a consistent group of parts that will do this....and loose some weight!

I'm also wondering if some of the mercedes trannies and rear ends could bolt up as some of the these cars are putting out more than 550 HP. I bet they would be lighter and stronger?!

I'm all about perfomance. I don't care about sound systems, loud pipes, or really even looks. I want a sleeper that will shut down just about any car on the street and still be driveable on a daily basis. I've had a race ready gixer, trans am (95), fire bird (68), and even a fast back stang (69). I know a little, a little about this. But I don't work on them every day. I hoping the people here can help me find what works and what doesn't.

Note: for interior weight reduction, remove some of the storage pieces and cover in the back. It jsut adds weight and I find that all I do is store crap there.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.