DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not exactly looking forward to spending as much as I'll have to, but it's about time I get new tires. Stock 20" wheels on my '05. I was thinking Good Year, but have heard a lot of people complain about them. What's another good brand, and how much should I expect to spend?

I live in central California, so rain is rare but it does happen. It's gotten to a point that even if it's foggy out, my truck is all over the road... the tires are that bald!

Other than that, I'd like a decent performance tire that doesn't wear too quickly and is affordable. I'd like to stick with approximately the same size, or wider, than what I have now.

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
If you want a cheap AT, look at the Cooper Zeon LTZ in the stock 275/60/20. You can get them for $177 each.

If you want to go a little wider and little shorter, a 305/50/20 has a lot more options for street tires. Check out Discount Tire Direct and tirerack.com. Falken has a tire in that size for only $130.

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
Before you buy anything, check with our sponsor Moe's Performance. They can probably get you the best price.

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
I would probably look at the 305/50/20 street tires then. I like the Nitto Nitto NT420S. It should be great on dry pavement and in the rain. In the snow and ice you are screwed, but I doubt you see much of that.

That size is exactly 1" shorter 1.2" wider than the stock 275/60/20.

·
Premium Member
22,962 Posts
You should have posted this in the WHEEL and TIRE thread. You might get more options.

You might find some good reading in there as well.

·
Premium Member
10,539 Posts
06QuadRam: You should have posted this in the WHEEL and TIRE thread. You might get more options.

You might find some good reading in there as well.
I requested it to be moved, since you can't report yourself.

·
The Walt-n-ator
2,491 Posts
I love my Falken Ziex S/T-04. Two good sizes for them are 275/55-20 and 305/50-20. They have tons of tread; I think they have the deepest tread depth within their sizes (14/32). They have a 50,000 mile tread warranty, and you can get them for $120-130/tire almost anywhere. Good luck!

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I love my Falken Ziex S/T-04. Two good sizes for them are 275/55-20 and 305/50-20. They have tons of tread; I think they have the deepest tread depth within their sizes (14/32). They have a 50,000 mile tread warranty, and you can get them for $120-130/tire almost anywhere. Good luck!

Those look good, the price is right, and I dig the warranty. Anyone else care to share their opinion of the Falkens?

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Thats good to know, I'vew been going through a pair every couple hundred miles that last year or so.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.