DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I'm just saying...
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I take my truck in for an alignment and then put tires on it the following week around late Sept. The truck starts pulling hard to the left after the tires are put on, so I think it might be a radial pull. Well, its not after putting all four tires on the front corner it still pulls really hard to the left. I take it back to the place where I had it aligned and they say, oh by the way, you're driver's side tie rod is bad and so are both lower ball joints...

Why the hell didn't you tell me that the first time? We didn't really notice it. That's not something that can happen in a month's time, or am I crazy? So I tell them I'd like an estimate and the come back with 1100 bucks. I'm :VHOT: at this point and ready to tell them to pound sand. But here's the thing... do I tell them to fix it, but complain about the poor service and demand some sort of discount? I mean it is potentially unsafe for me to drive it like that and especially since they should have seen it the first time, right? Option 2 is just take it somewhere else and bad mouth them to all my friends and say don't take your vehicle there...

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
994 Posts
it's a pretty simple job and ony requires $300-$400 in parts. you could do it yourself in an afternoon.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
I dont think it would be unsafe to drive in its condition... I think it will eat up tires like the cookie monster eats cookies but I dont think you where or are now at this time in any danger... You know it pulles... so its not an UN known condition. Personaly I would do it myself for less then 500 bucks OR pay someone 1100 bucks to do it for you... I would double check everything to make sure they are truely bad before I ordered any parts.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

·
Registered
994 Posts
It's not hard and all the special tools can be rented from autozone.

my motto: If an 18 yo high school drop out can do it, so can I.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
ppp1182 said:
It's not hard and all the special tools can be rented from autozone.

my motto: If an 18 yo high school drop out can do it, so can I.
LMAO...damn dude you had me chuckling with that one. I like to give stuff the old college try first, even though I dropped out of college my Jr year LOL

KB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.