DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Hemiless
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Ram 3500 yesterday that said ThunderRoad under the emblem on the doors and it also has ThunderRoad edition on the window sticker. What is different about those??

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
I'm not sure, and mine has the Thunderroad package. I'm anxious to see some responses to this.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I think it's just a package with some options, kinda like the "Lone Star" Ram here in Texas. It would be better than an SLT but not as good as a Laramie. Might just have some options already added like 20" wheels, cd player, possibly leather, etc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The thunderroad package is no longer produced. It was replaced by the Hemi Sport. The thunderroad was a Laramie 26H package with 20s, sport appearance group, cd player, wheel liners, accent kits/molded running boards and tonneau cover.

·
Registered
16,619 Posts
the thunderroad package is still being made my 05 has it and i just got it 2 weeks ago, ordered it in febuary, whats in the package is 20" chrome clads 3:92 gears, sliding rear window, foglamps,it use to have all the other stuff but the discontinued it , they also discontinued the hemi sport.my window sticker says thunderroad all the way across the top of it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Is your 05 Thunderoad a Sport, then you get fogs? 20's = 3.92. How much extra is your rear slider coisting you?

·
Registered
414 Posts
They have 1 package with 3 different names depending on the part of the country you live in and maybe more than that,I'm not really sure. In the west its called Big Horn Edition. Lone Star Edition is sold only in Texas I believe and the ThunderRoad is available in eastern states. You could probably order any one of them no matter where you live if you wanted to. They consist of:

20 x 9 inch aluminum clad wheels,275/60r20 Goodyear Wranglers
LSD axle,3.92 gear ratio
Fog lamps,sliding rear window,spare 20 inch steel wheel
chrome badges on both doors and on the tailgate with the package name

Goes for $1,245 on the sticker.
In California,the package is only available on trucks equipped with the hemi. Not sure if that is the same everywhere else.

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Remember this is a 3500 series truck, so I doubt there are Dubs on it :D But I'm sure it has the rear slider, premium cloth/leather, and plenty of other goodies. As was stated earlier, usually will have all the amenities of the slt, but not quite as much as the laramie.

KB

·
Registered
921 Posts
I am in Ohio, and there are plenty of Big Horn editions on lots. Havent checked them out, so dont know specifics.

·
Registered
414 Posts
So I guess they sell Big Horn in Ohio too. Who knows,its whatever sells trucks I guess. I did have to pay extra for the upgraded interior cloth though,$455. That includes the power seat and the front center storage which I couldn't live without. Holds a lot of junk.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Actually mine is full of cd's but there is a power plug in the console so you could put a little electric ice chest in there to keep your brewskies cold. Actually I think I just thought of a mod.

·
My coinholder adds 15 HP!
1,443 Posts
rocknroll54 said:
Actually mine is full of cd's but there is a power plug in the console so you could put a little electric ice chest in there to keep your brewskies cold. Actually I think I just thought of a mod.
When/if you get this all done :D Make sure you post some pics. :rck:

·
Registered
414 Posts
So far I haven't been able to find a dc powered unit to fit in there. I did find this but I don't think she is included for $49.95

Attachments

·
USAF MOPAR MILITARY BRAT
3,441 Posts
Well, that sucks! You know, with the way things are today...she could be guy!! LOL!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quad cab Thunder Road Value Group
17"x8.0" Forged Aluminum wheels
Tow Hooks
Fog Lamps
Leather-Wrapped steering wheel
Sliding rear window
$660.00

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status