DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm really considering getting a new throttle body from The Fastman and wanted to ask you guys if it was really worth the money and what kind of gains you all got from it. Also will his TB's fit aftermarket air intakes?

·
Mopar from Birth
594 Posts
just got my 52mm from Fastman yesterday. I'll let you know what I think tomorrow after i install it

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think it's worth the money, I have been real happy with mine. Yeah, it will fit with an aftermarket intake, I have a K&N on mine. I noticed gains in both performance and in mpg, as long as I can keep my foot out of it. I say go for it. I don't know of anybody who has gotten one and hasn't been happy with it.

·
******* SPACESTATION
5,543 Posts
I agree with above, once I got done having fun and drove reasonably, I still get about 12 in town and 16 highway.
If I had purchased the 50mm instead of the 52mm I don't think I'd have as much top end...but might have more low end. It's really all about what you want.
The 52mm performs the same off the line as the 48mm (stock), but once the rpms get to about 2500 it takes off.
Most aftermarket air hats should fit, I ran a 10x3 and now am running an Edelbrock ProFlow 1002.

edit: I might suggest getting a high flow exhaust setup (like Magnaflow ($150) before you get the throttle body. Your engine needs to be able to exhale the extra air you are bringing into the motor, otherwise you won't get the full benefit from the throttle body.

·
98 SS/T
318 Posts
I got one and I think it was a great addition, also running a K+N CAI gen II with no problems, those two mods have worked out great for me. just dont forget to reset your ECU.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.