DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering where those with cbs had their cb mounted. Any pics?

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
What year is your Ram?

In my '96, I had the CB mounted at the base of the dash, in the center (beneath the ashtray).

With the '99, the dash design was new and the cupholder assembly prevented me from mounting it the same way as in the '96. So I had it bolted to the center front seat frame pointing upwards from the floor.

I'm afraid I don't have any pics of either truck's interior.

·
I need a truck!!!
2,115 Posts
i have a pic of mine in my gallery. I dont use my cupholders so it wasnt a huge lose to mount the cb right there.

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I never got a pic of mine in my 98... but I had it mounted to the cupholder so with it closed, it faced up but still allowed you room to lower it which was still enough room for the CB down there.

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
In my 95, 98, 2000 and 2001 I had a bracket with claws on the bottom that just sat on the carpet tilting up in front under the cup holder. When they changed the dash design in 02 that wouldn't work anymore. I made a bracket that comes off the seat bolt and it sits in front of the center console straight up.
The top pic is the bracket I used to use on the CB in the 2G trucks, I use it for the 6 pack DVD player now in the back seat. The bottom pic is where the CB is mounted now

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.