DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is what 15mph and a big tree will do to the front of your dodge. talked to my body shop and i can get aftermarket stuff if i pay extra. gonna get a buckstop bumper and cowl induction hhod. at least next time the bumper will stop me before alot more damage happens.

Attachments

·
4x4, Straight pipe roar!
2,538 Posts
that does suck but after its all said and done you might be glad it happened. Good excuse to get some new stuff for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
15mph wow, Dude that must really suck... Sorry to see that happen!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same thing happened to mine this past Dec. Was going about 15 also but towing a 3000lb trailer. The damage looked identical to yours. Needed a new front clip, rad, condenser and all new sport package parts which, for some reason, cost an ass load more than regular 1500 parts. Go figure. I tell you what though, she started right up after I hit that tree!!! God I love my truck. Looks good as new now!! Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
Ouch! did the tree move in front of you, sorry about that I hope that you have good insurance.

·
Big Green
8,318 Posts
think about the new parts and it will feel a little beter

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
its about $6000 worth of damage. the hood i want $450 and a stock one is $650 so there is $200 extra twards the bumper which is $1100. there is a chance they might total it. the shop said they have been totaling vehicles that they wouldnt before.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine was really close to being totaled. I think within 800 bucks or something. Had the adjuster known sport package parts were so expensive, he would have totaled it. Has an adjuster appraised it yet? Mine was app at 9000 and I had 5500 in damage(according to the appraiser) actually cost another 1500 in parts which insurance had to pay. I'm glad they didn't total it. I love my truck too much to loose it like that.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I read in Truckin' a few months ago that the 05 Ram front end will bolt up with little trouble to a second gen. Also an SRT10 front. I don't know if just bolts up like chevys can do or if there is a bunch of extra work. If you gotta replace it all anyway.

·
Troubleshooter
1,516 Posts
Ram front ends were never good with taking damage, it's all one big crumple zone. It's very easy to have 10k in damage on these.

·
Registered
631 Posts
ouch, sorry to see that happen to you. I hope everything works out well for you in the end.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
th adjuster comes tommorow so we will see. i hope they dont total it because then i will have to find another one. i really like this truck and had big plans for it in the next few weeks but they will get put on hold now.

·
Trail Maker
681 Posts
Usually if the damage is equal or greater than 50% of the vehicle worth they will total it.

If they do total it, Ask how much it would cost for you to buy it back if they allow that option. Sell the parts or fix it up.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
they valued it at just under 13k right now it is at about 7500 in damage but thats without opening the hood. the adjuster wrote it up as a total but they are gonna tear it down before they do it. i think it is gonna be my choice if i want it totaled or not. if thats the case i will probably let them take it. the front of the frame is all screwed up and i dont want to have any alignment problems or anything of that sort. i guess i will probably be looking for a new vehicle next week. :bawl: i dont think i will buy it back as i have a 78 ramcharger that is my little project and i have a hard time finding ambition to work on that.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there gonna fix it!!!! im so happy im gonna get my truck back. will have pics when it is finished, got a few aftermarket parts ordered for it.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Your a lucky guy

Post some pics when she's all back together

·
David-2001 Ram Off-Road
2,857 Posts
I'm happy for you!

Yeah, post some pics when she's recuperated and through surgery so we can see the "new" nose job-LOL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.