DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
281 - 300 of 300 Posts

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
BlackHemiMagnum said:
Wow, i am so glad sum1 bumped this thread up i had no clue there was a TSB.

I have an 04 Hemi and was wondering if the dealerships are still doing this. What should i tell the service dept. when i call to get an appointment? Is it free of charge? Can anyone please help me so i can get this done.

Thanks
-Z
No charge. Here's the TSB in PDF format.

http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2004/pdf/18-041-04.pdf

Print it. Then take it to the dealership and tell them
it's hunting for gears in Tow/Haul mode. ;)

Sil

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just got back. Took them 10 min to do. All I can say is Daddy likes...

Its way quicker to switch gears when you accelerate. The guy that did mine said it changes a few things not just one so who knows what else it did.

·
Registered
448 Posts

·
Banned
10,983 Posts
twistx said:
Just got back. Took them 10 min to do. All I can say is Daddy likes...

Its way quicker to switch gears when you accelerate. The guy that did mine said it changes a few things not just one so who knows what else it did.
It's like a brand new truck. That's what I thought. :)

Sil

·
Registered
448 Posts
Another question, my truck is an 04 with already 46,000 miles. Will it still be covered under warranty?

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Covered under basic warranty. Is cheaper to pay to do than the $100.00 deductible if you have one.

Some 04 trucks already have this software from the factory. Obviously everything that was manufactured after the TSB was issued and a time before.
Not everyone will have the same part# as there are a few versions depending on emission requirements of the state the vehicle was originally built for.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Bring a copy of the TSB with you. It was free when I did it. It appears dealerships aren't too happy to do it and that applies to other trucks as well, not just Dodge. It quicken my shidting as I used to get a long burp between gears and now it is much quicker shifting.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Ok... theres either something wrong with my truck or theres something wrong with this TSB. I got to race someone last night. From a dead stop I slam the petel to the floor, starts to go then.... truck goes limp (with the petel still on the floor, and the engine still on) and it wont start going again. I can only guess but it seems like it got stuck in first gear maxed out at 3600rpm and ~30mph... this never happened before the TSB flash. Highway driving or in a higher gear I can still stomp on it and it'll go (with the improvements I noted before.) but from a stop I'm dead in the water. I'm kinda pissed. WTF is up?

·
Registered
261 Posts
I went out and tried to get it to do it again... no luck. Maybe the engine was cold or the computer freaked out cause it was the first time I floored it since it had been reset.

·
Same Name, Different Game
9,640 Posts
Is the flash for 1500's only, or is this for the 2500's as well? I'm wondering if the 1500's have a different set up with their transmition as the 2500's? Anybody that has a 2500 with this done, please let me know.

·
GoodFellas aka OG's
724 Posts
Well I got my flash done today. It took about 20 min but I had to wait an hour and a half for my turn. I also had no problem with the dealership. They were awesome about it. Now, its not the greatest thing in the world but there is defiantly a night and day difference. The shifts use to be really soft and take forever but now the tranny is throwing those gears hard and fast. I cant wait to head to the track Friday just to see if it really did anything or if im just losin it. :flippy:

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
Oh it does something navy44. Mine used to sound like a long beer belch when it shifted until I got it flashed.

·
Registered
152 Posts
2004 flash

help me out here im new to dc. i have a 2004 qc hemi. about 2 months ago i shifted to back up into my driveway and the truck started acting like it had lost its mind. abs light came on speedo and tack started jumping all over the place would shift right drove like a pos. called the dealer they said it needed a pcm flash. had it done no problems. is this the same flash or different looking for all the power and torque i can get.

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
tim w said:
help me out here im new to dc. i have a 2004 qc hemi. about 2 months ago i shifted to back up into my driveway and the truck started acting like it had lost its mind. abs light came on speedo and tack started jumping all over the place would shift right drove like a pos. called the dealer they said it needed a pcm flash. had it done no problems. is this the same flash or different looking for all the power and torque i can get.

First of all, Welcome to DT... If your looking to squeeze out every possible ounce of Tq and Hp, you have found your new home.

As ffor your question, I wouldnt know for sure what they did, but most likely they either reflashed your comp with the original program or you were indeed given the tranny flash. I think you can tell by looking at the label on the PCM. Something about the dealer is required to label the PCM with the latest Flash done??? Help me out here guys...

But wither way, Having looked through all the TSBs on the 04, I only remember seeing one tranny flash so you probably did have this one done.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
dskirtech said:
I think you can tell by looking at the label on the PCM. Something about the dealer is required to label the PCM with the latest Flash done??? Help me out here guys...

They put a sticker with what was done on my radiator support. Looks like a price sticker at the grocery store.

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
The dealer IS supposed to put a sticker on when they flash your computer but many don't know to do that unless you tell them. Wht they would put it on near a radiator support is a mistery.

·
Registered
152 Posts
looked at pcm today. theres a sticker that says autherized software update. i guess ive had it done. icant smoke the stock twentys like you guys are stating are you doing this in tow/haul mode or regular drive. i will say the truck gets off the line quick.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine has the same sticker and I'm not smoking tires either. The truck would have had to have been flashed by the original dealer (I bought it on a dealer trade). I have been told by another DT memeber that my PCM # is not the current flash. Still confused if it has been flashed or not.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i have 2 5-star dealers within 20 miles of me. i didnt take it to the one where i bought it. do they communicate by vin number on there computers as want has been done to perticular trucks in the area. if not its worth the try. all the can do is tell me no.

281 - 300 of 300 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.