DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok everybody, as the thread says, an easy one. . .which are the best spark plugs for an '04 hemi. I'm about ready for a plug change and any input would be
appreciated, as there's 16 of them, I don't really want to get it wrong, as it's not a job I wanna do too often !!

·
Try harder
13,236 Posts
Unless you are extremely modded (i.e. forced induction, nitrous, etc) just use the Copper Champions. They are cheap, easy to get, and you have to change your plugs every 30k, so why bother with expensive plugs?

·
Skelton Krew
862 Posts
the NKG 5306s you can run in all 16? or are their two diffrent plugs to run in each bank. My uppers are just about due might as well do all of them at 70K

·
Registered
196 Posts
OEM are copper champs. USE WHAT THE DESIGNERS TELL YOU

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
What is your definition of "easy". Obviously the Bosch IR Fusions are the "best" because they cost the most............unless of course you like something else! LOL :D

This is kind of like what is the best oil or best tire. Everyone will have a bias, but you can't go wrong with OEM Champions, but I have not had any problems with the Bosch IR Fusions.

·
'11 5.7L R/T Classic
4,095 Posts
I use the NGKs and I'm pretty close to bone stock. No difference over the old champions to my feel.

·
LPG Hemi
2,785 Posts
OEM are copper champs. USE WHAT THE DESIGNERS TELL YOU
Just playing devils advocate here but..............I've seen a lot of posts like that and often wonder when the Hemi was being designed, were the NGK 5306's available back then to use?

Also, with costings being one of the manufacturers/bean counters main worries, would they have used them anyway?

I highly doubt that they would have used them.;)

Just a couple of points, as I've been using these NGK's for well over 48,000 miles without a problem using dual fuel as well.

Al.

·
rocket23
542 Posts
easy too pick the plugs try the l/s rear bank and tell me how easy it is....waiting....I thought so!!:crazy:

·
Registered
196 Posts
Chrysler has always used champion plugs for the most part. I know in some cases ngk is used, but its not often. Why? I would guess because the champs are cheep, but it doesn't matter as your ignition system is designed around them...so they are without a doubt the best choice. FWIW they are one of the few companies that dont use ceramic pads either!

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
I just changed mine on Saturday and went with the stock champions, cost me 30 bucks and about 2 hours of my time. Like I have said before in my opinion I see no benefit in spending 5+ for a spark plug that will be changed out in 30k.

·
Got'R Did
1,638 Posts
Hey look!! It's our weekly "what plugs are best for me" thread..
:)
:thatfunny:thatfunny:thatfunny What, no mention of the "Search" function...:teacher:... you're getting soft Mike...:D

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.