DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ready to wake the beast
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys i think somethings wrong... i bought my truck used and i never thought about it being a problem because i never thought about running my truck at a track but here within the last month or so my buddy has talked me into modding it... so now i am going to the track tonight to see what it runs but most of the time only one tire spins... my buddy which has the same truck only rc says both of his tires always spins... i need to know if something is wrong with my diff and if anyone has a lsd i can buy or if someone can steer me in the right direction as to which one i should get....

just please keep in mind that i work for the city of gautier so i am working on a budget lol

thanks, jason

·
Smokin Them Tires....
670 Posts
you have an open diff...just get an lsd auburn and the Detroit True Track are great lsd...i have the DTT and love it i will lay two dark strips of rubber all the time..

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
yep, he has an LSD (limited slip diff) and you have an open diff. the auburn or detroit are both good choices. i have an open diff but i made sure because i saw the carnage the stock LSD can cause

·
ready to wake the beast
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
carnage huh? so your saying to not go with a stock lsd to replace my open diff? i am new at this so im just trying to get a info on what im doing and not doing.... thanks

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
the clips in the stock LSD have been known to break so if i were you i would talk with bob at moe's performance about the auburn or detroit unit

·
ready to wake the beast
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info RB24 i just ordered some headers and y pipe from moes... he is a cool a$$ guy... i will give him another call and see what he has for me

·
Clifford'04
160 Posts
My rear end broke the clips at 45000. It vibrates like crazy when the clips break. But it still works. I just had mine gone through now and the clips are fine but all bearings and seals were replaced. Mine lays down very nice tracks as well. I do hope you enjoy the superchip as I sure did. I think my last 1/4 mile time is stil in it unless you deleted it. Not real good and the tank was full of gas at the time. By the way i spoke to a guy that has a drag car and he says to put Pledge on the rear quarters and the rubber comes right off after your done running.

·
ready to wake the beast
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah... i needed something to keep that rubber off of that ONE side lol i hate an open diff... its agrivating trying to launch and it does nothing but paint my exhaust and rear quarter black and plays hind and go seek with all the cars behind me

·
I RECOMMEND FUKKEN WAX
13,990 Posts
I wouldn't even bother with the track until you get an lsd in there.

·
ready to wake the beast
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats what i was thinking but my buddy kind of twisted my arm lol but i will be ordering a new lsd in about two weeks... thinking about the going with the auburn

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.