DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been to a few dealers and very interested in a 04 or 05 Ram QC. I keep flip flopping between an 04 QC Hemi 4WD for 20,995 and a new 05 one. It seems the sticker price is way different than what I can get out the door with (based on posts I have read here). If I can get away with like $25k or so I would do new.

My question ? Is there some sort of % or formula I could use to take say the sticker price and try to bargain with. For example.. if I see one with the options I want for sticker of 36k.. what is a price I should try to negotiate for? 26k? Are the incentives that good?

Also anyone in NY area have good experiences with a dealer... specifically on Long Island?

Thanks for all advice.

Kevin

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
prourl said:
So I have been to a few dealers and very interested in a 04 or 05 Ram QC. I keep flip flopping between an 04 QC Hemi 4WD for 20,995 and a new 05 one. It seems the sticker price is way different than what I can get out the door with (based on posts I have read here). If I can get away with like $25k or so I would do new.

My question ? Is there some sort of % or formula I could use to take say the sticker price and try to bargain with. For example.. if I see one with the options I want for sticker of 36k.. what is a price I should try to negotiate for? 26k? Are the incentives that good?

Also anyone in NY area have good experiences with a dealer... specifically on Long Island?

Thanks for all advice.

Kevin

Should be able to get it for INVOICE -$4000-4500 in rebates

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Dealers usually pay 85% of the sticker price. If the sticker says $36K, you can feel comfortable if you get it for $30K. Deals usually get better than that when they are trying to off load the previous year's model.

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
uncbob said:
Should be able to get it for INVOICE -$4000-4500 in rebates
Should add
The dealer can show you the invoice
It is about 89-90% of sticker

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
On a $36000 you should be able to get it for $28400 or better

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I swear I read people saying that they got a 36k sticker out the door for 25.5k.... from this forum! I would ike to know what dealership this is at :) I would assume that they mean 25.5 before tax, tags, etc.

So invoice is say 90% of sticker... and then another 4k off. Not too shabby.

Anyone in NY get a great deal.. would love to hear.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
prourl said:
I swear I read people saying that they got a 36k sticker out the door for 25.5k.... from this forum! I would ike to know what dealership this is at :) I would assume that they mean 25.5 before tax, tags, etc.

So invoice is say 90% of sticker... and then another 4k off. Not too shabby.

Anyone in NY get a great deal.. would love to hear.

Thanks
Philly Suburbs

I got my ram a month ago for Invoice ( they add local adv costs to the invoice )
less $3000 in Dodge rebates less $1000 financing through Dodge ( I could have paid cash BUT if I financed $5000 of it through Dodge I got the $1000 rebate--However I only have to make 4 payments then I can pay it off so I lose about $100 in interest to get that $1000 off )
In addition here in PA if you join the Farm Bureau you can get another $500 off

SOOOOO I got it for Invoice ( plus $50 to be a pseudo farmer and $1000 interest cost ) less $4500

Truck MSRP for $29755 ( invoice $ 26774 ) I paid $22,274 ( plus $50 and $100 )

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I should add that was an ORDERED TRUCK

THey may be willing to go lower to move stock

·
Registered
29 Posts
Here in COlorado, I know it is a long way from NY, there are ads all the time for $9,000 or $10,000 off of MSRP on any 2005 5.7 Ram. This includes rebates and the $1,000 from CF for financing through them. I got the same deal when I bought my truck in July of 2004. $35,000 sticker and got it for $25,000 plus Tax, tt etc....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wow.. would love to see a website stating this so I can bring into my local dealership and say "Hey ill go to Colorado to buy to save 10k".

Anyone have a name of a dealership stating this or a newspaper ad they can scan in. I would use it!

Thanks

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
my ram is a Reg cab ST 4x4 W/hemi, it stickered at 29,330, got it for 24-25 something with ttl, and all that stuff.

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
O YEAH, Good luck on the hunt for your new truck, i hope u find one u really like and get a sweeeet deal on it!!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I bought the 04 new because the 05's were a lot more money.
The MSRP on mine was $29,975 and after all the dealer knock
offs I paid $22,340. I was very pleased with the price to say
the least. Heck, I paid $20,970 for my 99 Ram back in Dec. 98
and it had the 5.2L with not much options.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I will see if I can find an ad for you. Any other Colorado members know what I am talking about? The ads are in the paper every weekend.

·
Registered
419 Posts
remember to base your rebates off MSRP not STICKER PRICE. I hate when a car is at 25,000 msrp, the dealer adds another 5,000. Then take it off and call it a dealer rebate.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
I'd personally get the 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. Sounds like a great buy.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
blackarmy said:
remember to base your rebates off MSRP not STICKER PRICE.
Actually you should ignore MSRP and sticker price. Always negotiate from dealer cost. If they won't, move to the next dealer. $500 over dealer cost (minus any rebates) is reasonable, so don't go higher.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
back from dealer

ok back from dealer.... here is his wording

truck sticker 37k - price between 28-29k - invoice said 33k
truck sticker 35,900 - price between 27-28k - invoice said 32k

now their used lot has a 2004 hemi 4x4 with some less little addons for 20,995 with 28k miles... or 2004 hemi 4x4 with 14k miles for 22,995..

I mean for 5-8k i can do without new... But I think if he somehow hit 25k for the top one with sticker 37..even 35,900 one i might bite...

Any advice?

·
Registered
183 Posts
hope you don't mind getting 10-11 mpg around town, and no better than 13 on the highway if you baby it...

No exaggeration either.

AND, I've got a Cold Air intake and tonneau cover.. and I'm still only getting 10.5 mpg around town... I'm not doing any crazy driving either.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.