DodgeTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of ditching the OEM 20's with the Terra Grapplers and going with a 17" rim and some 35's. The 35's for the 20's are an arm and a leg! The best I could find were some BFG Rugged Trail's in a 286/65/20 for $194 ea. The truck is a pavement queen, although she is starting to transform into an offroad looking truck. Any thoughts??

Attachments

· Registered
2,632 Posts
17's are definetly cheaper tire wise. but its really up to you. functionality doesnt matter because you said you dont offroad so, it depends on if you like the 20's or 17's and how much your willing to spend. me personally, i like 17's because they are cheap and give you more sidewall. 20's on the other hand, have the bling factor to them.

· Registered
542 Posts
I have the 17's and BFG All terrains, but I stiil have pinus envy
when ever I park next to someone with 20's. The 20's look
way better. I'll probably never fork out the cash for them, but ....

:thatfunny

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What do you think about the BFG Rugged Trails??? I need new tires before the snow for sure, and these are $194 ea. Cheap enough to get me through for awhile. They are the cheapest 35" I can find anywhere.

· Registered
542 Posts
I've not seen a single site that had anything good to say about
the Rugged Trails other than manufacture sponsered sites.
They're something like $15 cheaper per tire than All Terrains,
but I've never tried them... maybe next time I need tires I'll give
them a try.

· You've been Hijacked
15,407 Posts
I like the 20's, but if you go 17 these are sweet looking:

wheels

RaiderJay has them as his winter wheels....I think there are some pics in his gallery.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I found the BFG Rugged Trails at NTB's website in the 285,65/20 for $194. I haven't checked with my local store, just going off their site. But, Now I have found the Nitto TG's in a 275/65/20 wich should be just over 34" tall. $1K again for tires though.

· Registered
628 Posts
do you have a link where you can get those 285/65/20 bfg's? i wanna a little bigger tire and that is an awesome price for that tire. i just need a link.

· Registered
628 Posts
i just looked all over the internet and couldnt find the rugged trails in a 285/65/20 size either so if anybody has a link for those.

· Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I found them at NTB dot com. Went through the enter you year/make etc, and that's what they came up with. I will double check it and see if I can get it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.