DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 ST ram RCLB with the 4.7/auto at 24,000 miles. I'm seriously considering trading it in on a 01 Z28 camaro with 15,000 miles on it. I'd only have to fork up $3000-$4000 extra to make this happen. I really like my ram, but don't need a full size truck anymore since I started working a desk job. I was also bit by the racing bug 10 years ago, and currently have nothing that will scratch that itch! I'm really kinda undecided because I do like my truck. I'm open to any opinions!
:cool:

·
Registered
35,850 Posts
Why a belly button car? And 4 grand to trade down 2 years? I know I wouldn't be doing it.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I say, if that's what you really want, then go for it. I mean I love my Ram and will always have a truck, hopefully a Ram if they change the '06 body style to something better, but it all depends on you. I would really consider that the car is going on 5 years old, when your Ram is only going on 3, but I guess it doesn't really matter if there are only 15K miles

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
Get them down to 2000 and your truck and then maybe. Make sure the mileage is accurate on the car. I don't know if you can mess with the speedometer or computer anymore to show less miles, just seems awfully low. They are wicked fast, I drove a 98 with a 6speed and it keeps you in the seat through the first two gears

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
4,220 Posts
I really like the Camaro's, i say go for it, if that makes u happy, than by all means, DO IT!!

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Hmmmm... Not me... My friend had one of those, the biggest POS I ever saw... Yea, it hauled ass, but the damn thing kept falling apart...

Lights, Windows electronics fried, wipers quit, Plastic falling off of it everywhere... couldnt KEEP bulbs in it for them blowing every other week....

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
dskirtech said:
Hmmmm... Not me... My friend had one of those, the biggest POS I ever saw... Yea, it hauled ass, but the damn thing kept falling apart...

Lights, Windows electronics fried, wipers quit, Plastic falling off of it everywhere... couldnt KEEP bulbs in it for them blowing every other week....
i agree, friend had one... heres an idea, save up 10 grand or so, trade it in for cash and buy a '96 viper for 25 grand or so...

·
Registered
10,637 Posts
Again, I dont mean to sound like an ass.. Just trying to give you a headsup of my experience with them...

Now again, I will say this... That thing (SS Z28) was faster than a greased pigeon in a hail storm bro... I scared myself in the thing numerous times.. If only they were built as well as our dodge trucks

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the replys so far. We owned a 95 camaro several years ago, and we never had a bit of trouble with it. I wish I could say the same about the fords I've owned. :( I will most likely talk turkey with the sales guy and see what he can do. We'll still have the dakota for our truckin/towing needs, so this may get interesting if he can appeal to my 'walmart sense' of what a good deal is. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
fast but those style camaros/TA's/Firebirds/F-bodys whatever you wanna call them....are the biggest pieces of shit...i work on them all the time..they are JUNK!...I know a guy with an 02 WS6 TransAm...its not a daily driver..thats why its still nice...the inside construction is the worst...windows/regulators/plastic..as mentioned earier they will fly but they are crap..

·
Registered
148 Posts
03Ram4.7 said:
fast but those style camaros/TA's/Firebirds/F-bodys whatever you wanna call them....are the biggest pieces of shit...i work on them all the time..they are JUNK!...I know a guy with an 02 WS6 TransAm...its not a daily driver..thats why its still nice...the inside construction is the worst...windows/regulators/plastic..as mentioned earier they will fly but they are crap..
headers/cold air and a tune will get you 340-350 rwhp on a LS1 car. 400rwhp is common with a cam. as you say, they fly. i had one.

however on my '00 TA: the t-tops leaked from day 1, the ac broke 3 times, both window motors broke, both headlight motors broke, the bottom of the rear bumper sagged (common with them) and the rotors warped when you even thought about using the brakes. but the car ran 13.5 @ 106 stock. :cool:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have had this delema since i started driving (sportscar to truck to sportscar and back),i feel your pain. If i had to give you my advice i would wait and save up the money and find a sportscar that you like,don't get hung up on a car that you'll regret buying later.

·
RamFever
601 Posts
Just cause you have a desk job doesn't mean you don't need a truck. I've got a desk job and use the truck to haul my laptop and my a$$. lol

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Isnt there a law against something like this?

Kind of like trading in the Hemi on a hybrid car...

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I bought the Z28 last nite. It's a base model without all the fancy power stuff on it and is totally stock. At 16,045 miles, it must have been a weekend cruiser for somebody.....kinda like what I'm gunna use it for. I took it on some twisties for a test drive and that thing was hanging corners at 70MPH! But wait.....here's the best part......I kept my ram as well! At the dealership, the wife was shooting me dirty looks, rolling her eyes and sighing a lot....but she never once opened her mouth against it. I told her that the Camaro was not practical for my occasional side job or bad weather driving. So $14,000 latter I own both. I think I'll pick her up a bouquet of flowers on the way home just to be on the safe side. ;)

·
Hemi2nV
7,813 Posts
6stringer said:
Well, I bought the Z28 last nite. It's a base model without all the fancy power stuff on it and is totally stock. At 16,045 miles, it must have been a weekend cruiser for somebody.....kinda like what I'm gunna use it for. I took it on some twisties for a test drive and that thing was hanging corners at 70MPH! But wait.....here's the best part......I kept my ram as well! At the dealership, the wife was shooting me dirty looks, rolling her eyes and sighing a lot....but she never once opened her mouth against it. I told her that the Camaro was not practical for my occasional side job or bad weather driving. So $14,000 latter I own both. I think I'll pick her up a bouquet of flowers on the way home just to be on the safe side. ;)
Well man im glad everything worked out for you. Sounds like you got the cake and ate it too! Congrats on the new ride. I know how fast my dads 02 trans am WS6 is. They are some fast cars. Post some pics.

BB

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Ok, your safe..

The Ram police will not visit you, have fun with the car.

·
All Around Great Guy
12,675 Posts
If you traded your ram in I was going to be forced to kick my own ass

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
hemi1569 said:
hahah exactly, nice now you got the best of both worlds!!! :rck:

·
hillbilly technologist
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
hemi1569 said:
:D Yeah, I kinda felt like I'd be kickin myself if I had gotten rid of my ram. The only reason I was considering it was because of the "either/or but not both" condition the mrs gave me. I think she gave up when I told her I could trade my ram in on the car, but would need to buy another truck (a ram of coarse) to replace it by this winter. ;) I often have the same circular logic used by my 2 year old! :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.