DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I think I have decided that I want to lower the rear end of my truck; but just to level it. What are my options, what are prices, and what is the difficulty?

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
Short shackle and remove the overload. A set of shocks will help immensely as well.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm....maybe I didn't mention that I would like things explained a little...price...difficulty...etc....not just what to do.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
mattspenc said:
Umm....maybe I didn't mention that I would like things explained a little...price...difficulty...etc....not just what to do.
do a search on overload spring removal and shackles, it has been gone over a million times, including all the how to's

·
Registered
223 Posts
Matt, I havent done this yet, but after reading posts and getting info from Slammed1.. here is what I've gathered.

I have a 05 1500QC 4x4 that I want to level the rear, so I am going to get a set of GroundForce shackles from Slammed1 for 85.00 shipped to your door. Its also recommended that you replace your shocks as well... the recommneded are Belltech Nitro-Active shocks, but anything other than stock will do. BellTech Nitro drops for 185.00 a set shipped or BellTech Nitro Actives for 225.00 a set shipped

As far as difficulty goes... its pretty easy from what I understand. If you have access to a jack and some jackstands, you can backyard mechanic this install no problem. It involves removing the stock shackle, removing the overload (optional), replacing with drop shackle and mounting the spring and new shocks (not necissarily in that order)....

Hope this helps.. Look for the Slammed1 forum for more info on this or search for Slammed1 posts... I found a load of info that way.

Disclaimer - I have not done the rear drop before so do not take the information to heart... the prices I received direct from Slammed1, one of the drop experts here at dodgetalk.

l8ter

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
titankid said:
here's another option..raise the front.."Cars are to be lowered, trucks are to be raised"
:huh:

I must have been absent the day this memo was passed around.

KB

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
titankid said:
here's another option..raise the front.."Cars are to be lowered, trucks are to be raised"

yes but a HEMI powered muscle truck can be lowered so that it can also out maneuver and take corners better, so that it may even more smash the competition

·
Registered
28 Posts
Exactly! thats why the lord made the HEMI :D

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
hit a pothole in a lowered car

cars will die, trucks won't

·
Registered
1,424 Posts

·
I'm Not A Post Whore! :(
5,089 Posts
wait, you mean, there's more to racing than turning corners? NO WAY!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
titankid said:
Trucks are not for racing, DUDES.
the last i checked drag racing is racing and as far as cornering goes, a little suspension work and a drop from Slammed1 will have that puppy cornering nicely, :D

·
Slammed 1 Suspensions
2,095 Posts
titankid said:
Great vid Tommyboy, but did they cut any street 90's at 65? Any street 45's at 90? no.
could you be anymore of an a$$hole?

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Originally Posted by titankid
a 1500 Dodge Ram, unless modded, could not beat a Nissan Titan, end of discussion. Go talk to tech heads w/e you want to do, its not physically possible. I am 15 years old and am not looking to start anything, just giving you a heads up. And the reason Titan owners do not race all that often is because we don't have to. Why prove the already proven? QUOTE

Well , Well i found this in another thread by TitanKid, apparently we have a hater on our hands!!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.