DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I currently have a 1999 sport 4x4 and I am thinking about getting a newer version of the best truck on the road. Right now here are my thoughts:

1. Rumble Bee
2. Daytona
3. Ford Lightning

What do you guys think about your 3g trucks? How does the hemi do on gas? My 360 is killing me, I know the 5.7 is still a v8 but I have heard that they get better mileage than the old motors. Talk to me here guys...

·
Sleeper in The Making
1,696 Posts
The 5.7 Does get around 16-17 MPG average from what Ive seen. (Your milage may vary) Persoanly If you get a lightening to know its had the absolutle hell beat out of it so with that in mind I would get a Daytona.

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
It all depends what you want to do. From the trucks you listed, it looks like you don't want to offroad or haul anything. So, if your goal is fast, obviously the Lightning will be quick. But you can find a nice RCSB Hemi 4x2 for a steal and mod the hell out of it into the 12's.

I've never seen 16-17 mpg on my truck. The best I can do is 12 mph in the city and 14 on the highway. But it has been extremely reliable, has the best look, and has served me well.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is so special about the daytona models? I know they come with some graphics, but anything performance wise? Do they all come with that wing? I'd have to ditch that thing because it makes the bed pretty much worthless.

The main reason I would get one of these trucks is for my "toy" car and some light DD. Basically my plan would be to buy a new truck, then sell mine and buy a cheap DD car, something like a 3k car and use the rest of the money to pave my driveway...

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Lox said:
They are no more than a Hemi with the Sport package and hood scoop, wing. Lightnings are quick and it would be hard around this time to find that hasnt been beat on. If you want a Daytona without the wing then you can buy one and take it off or buy a Dodge with the Hemi and the Sport package for what you want.

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Lox said:
What is so special about the daytona models? I know they come with some graphics, but anything performance wise? Do they all come with that wing? I'd have to ditch that thing because it makes the bed pretty much worthless.

The main reason I would get one of these trucks is for my "toy" car and some light DD. Basically my plan would be to buy a new truck, then sell mine and buy a cheap DD car, something like a 3k car and use the rest of the money to pave my driveway...
By the way see you want to get your driveway paved. What state are you in? Im a local paver here in upstate NY

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maka said:
By the way see you want to get your driveway paved. What state are you in? Im a local paver here in upstate NY
I am in Kansas, I'll end up doing it myself when the time comes, my neighbor works in the industry. Thanks for the info.

Depending on Cost I may be more apt to go with the new dodge, I hear procharger is coming out with a kit for the 5.7l hemi soon and since procharger is based in Kansas I know some folks that can treat me nice on an install/tune...

·
Yea, It's a Hemi
6,865 Posts
Lox said:
I am in Kansas, I'll end up doing it myself when the time comes, my neighbor works in the industry. Thanks for the info.

Depending on Cost I may be more apt to go with the new dodge, I hear procharger is coming out with a kit for the 5.7l hemi soon and since procharger is based in Kansas I know some folks that can treat me nice on an install/tune...
thats cool, what are you looking for a 2 door or 4 door. Seems like you want a 2 door

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah 2 door for sure, I am single with a woman, so 2 seats is enough for now. I'll make sure whatever else I get has a backseat....or a hatch area...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lox said:

I'm from Kansas City area. Let me know where you are looking to buy. I got a helluva deal on my 06 Hemi RCSB 2WD.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.