DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
07BigWhiteRam
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how much is the paint, and i have painted plenty of things before, what is the diffuculty of this project though?? :IDEA:

·
yeh my baby needs abottle
4,218 Posts
i have myn done & its a sweet little feature

( photo was before the drop & roll pan, its the best one i have of the painted calipers)

·
07BigWhiteRam
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the painting seems stright forward but i have never taken off calipers.. hard???

·
Registered
509 Posts
technically, you don't have to take them off, you just mask off the surrounding areas. If you do decide to remove the caliper, its just a couple of bolts holding them onto the bracket

·
07BigWhiteRam
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright so just get the brush on caliper paint and mask it off sounds easy enough.. so what color i have an all black truck i was thinking yellow

·
2010 SRT8 Challenger
12,435 Posts
i have red...i believe i have seen red, blue, yellow. im sure you can get a customer color mix from a local shop but that will be more $$

·
07BigWhiteRam
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im thinkin yellow would look awesome on a black truck it would get that rumble bee look.

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
yup....$15 and change from a auto store. I got the Duplicolor caliper kit. I saw red, black and silver when I bought mine

·
Blown SOHC User
1,950 Posts
im gonna get around to doing mine one day just too lazy to pull my heavy a$$ wheels off... anyway use a metal scrub brush like for cleaning bbq grills to clean em up a little... i plan on using high-heat engine enamel rattle can that is a perfect match for my truck... whenever i do get around to doin it... hahahaha

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
Im planning on doing mine soon. Ive got the kit just havent got around to it yet

·
You've been Hijacked
14,749 Posts
I have to touch mine up. Just waiting or nice weather.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Painted Calipers

I read the thread three days ago and suddenly decided this would a fun and quick mod to my Red Ram. I bought the Duplicolor kit from Advance Auto for $17.00 and followed the instructions. I did not remove the calipers and carefully painted around the masked areas (both front and rear). The results were outstanding. Total time about 2-3 (including drying time). I applied four coats of paint and still had plenty left over for future touch ups.

Attachments

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
Its easy i did mine a few months ago and it still looks good i used black on mine

Attachments

·
-Arana-
7,088 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.