DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the name of the car from the Wraith movie all I know is that it was a Chrysler

·
Registered
193 Posts
I think it is called the Dodge Turbo Interceptor. There's a pic at the following link:

memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/431000-431999/431770_112_full.jpg

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Looks like 80's corvette headlights and frame with transam wheels to me, but here is some real info:

From IMDB:
The black car featured in the movie was a real-life technological wonder, the Dodge M4S. A joint effort of the Dodge Division of Chrysler Motors and PPG Industries, one of the highly sophisticated PPG Pace Cars for the PPG-CART Indy Car World Series. The M4S was designed and constructed at an estimated cost of $1.5 million, and featured performance and technology to match that lofty figure. The innovative body design was developed in the Chrysler studios, while PPG developed the finish--a special bronze pearl paint job formulated just for this car. The M4S was powered by a Chrysler 2.2-liter four-cylinder one-of-a-kind engine that exceeded 194 mph. According to Gary Hellerstein, transportation coordinator for this film, a total of seven versions of the M4S were needed for filming. The original, on loan from Dodge, was used for close-ups and details. Two more "drivers", consisting of perfectly detailed bodies on dune buggy chassis, were used for stunt driving chores. There were four "shells", empty bodies on bare, towable frames, that were sacrificed in various crash scenes.

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
3,696 Posts
Ugly.

·
Registered
419 Posts
why would they go through all of that work to up the ante on a 4 cylinder???? like i said before imagine if they had concentrated on a V8

·
Do It In A Van
8,045 Posts
Because they could..... ;)

Kinda like Ford's reasoning with the T-Bird Turbo Coupe. Hey, let's put a weak 4-banger into a big heavy car....oh but wait, let's turbo charge it so it has enough power to move AND increase maintenance costs! WEEEEEEEE! :crazy:

·
Registered
163 Posts
:thatfunny lol. If they can give a 4 banger over 400 hp, double that and what do you get? :flippy: oh yeah!!

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
Because they end up with an engine with more power than the 5.7 hemi with half the weight and better gas mileage?

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
blackarmy said:
why would better gas mileage matter if it is a non production vehicle????
Because every thing in your car was designed on a non-production vehicle at some point.

·
Registered
183 Posts
No offense to the v8 lover, but I'll take my '93 Daytona "4-banger" over the gas-guzzlin v8's any day... parts are cheap, engine's easy to work on, and VERY easy to make TONS of power from ;) And I STILL get 32mpg.. :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
To each his own. No offense taken. Your reasoning is sound but I'll take a HEMI V-8 over a Four cylinder anyday. unless it's the one from the car in this post. lol.

·
C HEMI GO
1,739 Posts
You&Me both

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.