DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
121 - 129 of 129 Posts
Discussion starter · #121 ·
if your feeling it in the pedals my guess is some thing is hitting the cab of the truck and nothing in the suspension. check all motor mounts and trany mounts, better yet find some one with chassis ears and locate the problem the right way, now that you have a years worth of truck payments stuck into it. preferably not with the professional mechanics you been dealing with because there not professional at all, there parts changers i hate to tell ya. i read this whole post and laughed my a$$ off
:crazy::thatfunny

glad i could amuse you at such an expense..... can't help but feel slightly offended by that..... its an up hill battle but never the less necessary. hmmmm so let me recap... your professional opinion is "something is hitting the cab of the truck" wow truly astonishing, why didn't i think of that! not only is that insulting to me that's insulting to the integrity of every person responding to this thread. that was the first instinctive response i had, and part changers they may be, I'm sure would have noticed something swinging underneath the truck. only to give me a reason to pay them more I'm sure but would have found something that simple. thanks for your response and great idea's but help me help you and move to the next thread desperately seeking your wisdom.

I pm'd you so I'm just gonna give you my 2 cts. i had a clunking sound with a car. Turns out it was a clearence problem with the passenger side coil spring, bent some sheet metal and it was fixed. Mine is a standard o6 1500 with a struts rather than a shock set up like yours. Mine clunks from a stand still I step on the gas and clunk. It obviously is torque related. I will be checking cai's motor mounts, and anything else that would be torque related. Like I said 2 cts.

Discussion starter · #124 ·
Wow. At this point I would be checking the windshield wipers and headrests lol. Seems like you have checked everything else.
lol i know right! ya im out of ideas on what else it could be? i even tried checking the seat mounts to make sure it wasn't that........ any crazy ideas are welcome. i have been told by many mechanics that it could just be the way it is..... that there's absoulutely nothing wrong with it. some even said with all the huge metal moving parts up there it's gotta make some kind of noise. so in other words they don't know:) im half tempted to see how much it would cost to send it back to the factory and have them pick it apart!

I pm'd you so I'm just gonna give you my 2 cts. i had a clunking sound with a car. Turns out it was a clearence problem with the passenger side coil spring, bent some sheet metal and it was fixed. Mine is a standard o6 1500 with a struts rather than a shock set up like yours. Mine clunks from a stand still I step on the gas and clunk. It obviously is torque related. I will be checking cai's motor mounts, and anything else that would be torque related. Like I said 2 cts.
Up date , I changed out cai's and voila! no more clunkinking, guess the home brew needed More tie downs , lol. Sometimes it's the simplest thing, you would never check, good luck op.

if it is ifs wouldent it have arms with bushings???? take a tape measure and measure from center to center of front and rear axles if it is off more than a 1/16 inch then it will pull towards the shorter side also will cause suspention and other stuff to act and sound funny. also do the string test to see if any thing is wrong maby the aline ment rack at the shop is not level or there tools have not been calibrated in a while just my 2 cents.

I went through this earlier this year. After changing ball joints, track bar, axle and driveshaft ujoints, steering shaft, shocks, tranny mount, and old y-link steering assembly, a used set of control arms the local 4x4 shop gave me cured my problem. Bushings were shot. The noise is back nine months later and I'm looking forward to delivery of Carli control arms by the end of this week. I can feel it in the steering, floor and pedals. I ended up finding it when I was letting it off a floor jack. Before that I even tried taping a small video camera and a flashlight under the truck. I'd consider repairs you've done so far money well spent as stock ball joints, steering links, bushings etc. aren't known for longevity.

Discussion starter · #129 ·
I went through this earlier this year. After changing ball joints, track bar, axle and driveshaft ujoints, steering shaft, shocks, tranny mount, and old y-link steering assembly, a used set of control arms the local 4x4 shop gave me cured my problem. Bushings were shot. The noise is back nine months later and I'm looking forward to delivery of Carli control arms by the end of this week. I can feel it in the steering, floor and pedals. I ended up finding it when I was letting it off a floor jack. Before that I even tried taping a small video camera and a flashlight under the truck. I'd consider repairs you've done so far money well spent as stock ball joints, steering links, bushings etc. aren't known for longevity.
awesome! i was suspecting those, but wasn't sure how to test the integrity of the ones i have. how much for the carli's? im at a loss on what else it could be...... happy for you. i will see how much that would be for me and keep you posted on the out come. what's the down fall for driving it with bad track bushings?

121 - 129 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.