DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am getting my new Rollpan on Monday, so I decided to remove my bumper today. I also cut my exhaust tips, to have my rear look clean. Thinking either dual behinf both rear wheels or dual on the passenger side in front of the rear wheel. Still trying to decide. Removing the bumper wasn't that bad, but lots of work involved. I did all the work my self. I have inculded the pic of the before and after. I also inculded some pictures of my technique of removing the bumper support. Most people say they need 3 to 4 people to lift bed to then remove the support. With that said, I had no help, so needed to be creative. I removed all bumper support and removed the 4 rear bed to frame bolts and jacked the car up by the rear axle. I then got two jack stands, which were not that tall, so I added bricks to the top of the stands, to give me more room. I then lower the trcuk little at a time, till the space I needed appeared. Once I lowered the axle, I had enough space to remove the bumper support. I then lifted the truck up by the axle and removed the jack stands. I then lowered the whole truck down and then installed the four bolts back into position. Now I am just waiting for Monday to come to install it.

Which I am now selling my rear bumper, hitch and bumper support if someone wants it.

Posted below is a link for the items for sale.

http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=471287#post471287

Attachments

·
Registered
584 Posts
where is the after shot?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, for some reason they didn't get posted. Edited and got pictures on now.

Thanks.

·
DARKNESS
612 Posts
im surprised the brick held up! i used a thick wood block n it cracked n flew out when i was starting to do my calipers haha

·
Registered
989 Posts
You used bricks to hold up your truck!? :whackit:

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, bricks held up quite nice. These were titanium bricks, lol.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No I don't, wil be delivered tomorrow. It is a street scene rollpan.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
dude you got lucky, don't use bricks ever again.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not to be assss or anything, but I used them before, not for something like this, but never had a problem. Bricks can hold up alot of weight.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
$115 delivered. Got it off ebay.

www.ebay.com

I PM'ed you when I was shopping around for one, but I never heard from you. I know you are always busy. But I still a hidden hitch? let me know.

·
Registered
187 Posts
that will look sweet once you get it installed..

·
Registered
10,359 Posts
Kingbingy said:
$115 delivered. Got it off ebay.

www.ebay.com

I PM'ed you when I was shopping around for one, but I never heard from you. I know you are always busy. But I still a hidden hitch? let me know.
well I dont compare to e-bay and I dont sell on ebay so I cant say much for it or about it......as far as hitches are concerned,when they are released I will try to get the best possible prices!!!
And I do honestly try to answer all p-m's possible....some slip through the cracks from time to time !!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
oh, no doubt. I know you are the man and get busy. So i am not holdinf that againist you. I am still going to do buisness with you. I want the 2/4.5 drop. Once I ge the funds. and you will be the man to get it from.

But in regards to the hitch, I thought it was released already.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
send me those bricks, mine keep breaking, hahahaha

we want finished pics now darnit!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got rollpan on Tuesday and dropped it off to be painted. I think I should get it back either tonight or tomorrow. If so I will have pictures tomorrow.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have completed installing rollpan, Also modified a rear camera right aboive the plate. Pretty happy with results. I removed the spare and had spare tire hole shaved off, because I would not stand looking at the hole.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Looks Good Bro! :tup:

KB

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
That rollpan is badass!!!!

Have you thought about painting the silver stripe around your taillight atlantic blue to match your truck?? That would look flippin' sweet!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.