DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was inspired by the switch panel in Bubba_Hemi 's dodge which has his switches above the AC controls and wanted to do something similar for the cutout I ordered and for lights that will be coming soon. After lots of research and measuring I found the Contura Rocker Switch.

This rocker just snaps into the cubby holes above and below the ac controls on the 06's. It looks like Dodge put it in at the factory! Amazing... You do not need the modular mounting plates made for these switchs your cubby holes are the exact right vertical distance with rubber mat removed.

These are made by Carling Technologies.
http://rocker-switches.carlingtech.com/sealed-rocker-switch__20.asp

The only local place I found them was Bass Pro (yes bass pro). Limited Selection.

On the web you can buy them at waytekwire.com or http://www.trickcableandswitch.com/mall/switchcontura.asp (as well as many marine supply sites) both of which have a wide asst of actuators/covers you buy separately from the actual switch.

These are the same switches that ARB lockers come stock with btw.

And no I don't have a working digital camera to take pics.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
what are this switches gonna be for? offroad lighting?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've got two so far, one is a m on/off/m on that I will use for exhaust cutout, and I got an on/off that I will use for driving lights. It looks like I can fit 7 switches in the upper cubby if I can figure out that many uses. So it looks like I need some more electrical item ideals....

·
Lifted HEMI 4x4
5,519 Posts
mdavis4444 said:
Well I've got two so far, one is a m on/off/m on that I will use for exhaust cutout, and I got an on/off that I will use for driving lights. It looks like I can fit 7 switches in the upper cubby if I can figure out that many uses. So it looks like I need some more electrical item ideals....

nice man...get pics when u do it

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Looks pretty good... definatly keep us posted with how it all works out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.