DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
i dont think theres any real changes to the 2wd, maybe some spring tuning and shock valving, but the 05 and 06 2wd are and have been virtually the same.. body changes and interior changes are of course noticable, subtle but noticable.. now the REAL changes took place on the 4wd.. they went from torsion bar/shock to coilover/shock! HUGE change.. you can munipulate the spring rates on a coil FAR better then any torsion bar setup... far better ride and comfort, and and much easier to lift and still have a good ride with easy to adjust spring rates with coils... thats really the main difference... cant wait to lift her up!!!!! :rck:

Q

·
Registered
178 Posts
how do you easily adjust spring rates on coils without replacing the whole coil with another one? and that is not easy. torsion bars are the easy to adjust spring, just turn a set screw, and whammo, more height and stiff ride, or less height and softer ride. there is no adjustment on a coil spring. even with a spacer you will have the same ride since it really just raises the spring higher to level the vehicle. the new dodge truck is just more F150'd now. you decide if that's a good thing or not. no more manual 4x4 either now for 1500.

·
Registered
41 Posts
i dont kno either way, but i do kno that i have driven both the 4 door 05 and the 4 door 06 (both 4 wheel drive) and the 06 drove exceptionally well. i was very impressed.

·
Registered
93 Posts
no no no.. i know you cant adjust them.. i meant from a manufacturers prospective... during the manufacturing process, coils are superier to torsion bars as far as tuning them along with a good shock, matching them with the right applications for a far better ride, thats all i meant. you cant make a progressive rate torsion bar, but you can make a progressive rate coil spring..

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.