Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just thought I'd post this up for all to see. This is from SEMA, the Specialty Equipment Market Association. They do alot of work with the government and work very hard to preserve auto enthusiasts rights,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.semasan.com/main/main.aspx?id=62505

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
yea i saw that crap. and the most you can get from them is $4,500 ( mind you thats our tax dollars at work there ) which is total bs. im getting as many of my friend to call them and complain as possible. as if they werent already putting enough pork in the bill already. im gonna have to stop ranting befor i blow a gasket.

·
Yeehaw!
1,397 Posts
Wow, that's BS!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Of course its BS, that what politicians are the best at throwing at us. I work out of my Hemi, so I sure as heck am not going to see it crushed. I sent an e-mail to Feinstein, for what ever good it will do. More of us need to do that. I send e-mails to my Arkansas congressmen and women almost daily.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
thats a good idea im gona have to start sending one to my congressman. i worry about all of the muscle cars out there that havent been found yet that could be worth alot of money or could be a limited run vehicle that some fool might crush for a quick buck that is only a fraction of what its woth. the other thing is that think about car theft rates going up from that or some stupid hippy starts stealing trucks to "save the earth". this stuff just realy pisses me off.

·
Registered
628 Posts
wow thats bs, im gonna start telling ppl bout this and having them call and do whatever they can to stop this...

·
25HEMI00
1,064 Posts
i don't understand. they force you to crush your truck, then give you 4500 bucks?

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
well as of yet it "supposidly" is "volutary" but they are looking to crush 1 million cars a year for the next four years. i say we have one big mopar bum rush on washington and tell them where to stick this bill.

·
Registered
628 Posts
well as of yet it "supposidly" is "volutary" but they are looking to crush 1 million cars a year for the next four years. i say we have one big mopar bum rush on washington and tell them where to stick this bill.
i agree we should all get together and just ride to dc so that all there are driving around are trucks and it doesn't even have to be just dodges we should just get every willing soul who owns a truck 2004 or later and drive there

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
i wouldnt limmit it to just '04's and newer cause im a 2000, i say anyone willing and able should go and then all of us just park in front of the white house and rev our engines, lay down on the horns and start yelling. ( just make shure to bring your blood pressure pills cause it will most likely go through the roof ). see they think it will help with "air quality and be an insentive for people to buy fuel effiecient vehicles", i say like hell that would happen. besides what would you do with $4,500 if some one handed it to you? personaly even if my truck wasnt worth any thing there is no way i would give it up. plus the other thing to be shouting for is for them to start drilling again too.

·
PAID OFF!!!
7,637 Posts
If I had a truck that didn't work, I guess. But other then that, they will have to pry my truck from my cold dead fingers.

·
Devil's Advocate
8,198 Posts
I clicked the link to email that senator and sent them this:

I'm so glad that your "Cash for Clunkers" bill failed in the House of Reps. You hippies were trying to destroy an art form. Most of those old cars barely see the road anyways. And now I've heard that your trying to make it illegal to drive anything over 25 years old on the road. That's BS too. And most recently S. 247, or “Accelerated Retirement of Inefficient Vehicles Act”. I drive a truck, not because I have too, but because I like it. I occasionaly use it to haul things, but all in all if I just like them better. It might piss you off to know that I've modified my vehicle so that it gets worse gas mileage to make it more powerful. Yall hippies are already messed up with have to have "special" emmisions requirements for just your state and now that ****** in the White House wants to give every state that choice. All that does is make things harder on automakers and consumers. I bet you require safty and emmisons checks too. We don't have those here and we get along just fine. I wouldn't pass anyways since I removed my cats from the exhaust system. You hippies keep these idiotiotic ideas on the west coast and I'll stay here in the deep south.

From the Deep South with love,
Charles Swartz - Republican

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
thats funny, but o so very true. now we just need to get every member on dodgetalk to send a letter or email like that to them. and yes it is voluntary. i didnt hear anything about the crush anything over 25 years old part but i doesnt supprise me any. but seriously if any of you blong to any other sites i would start spreading the word and get them to send emails too. hopefully we can get a snowball effect going with that from site to site.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.