DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

The economey sucks! I just got layed off!

1K views 24 replies 12 participants last post by  Brian_RO 
#1 ·
The '66 Monaco 500 and the '07 nitro are up for sale
The '66 is an original 440 365 horsepower car with a '69 440 and 452 heads in it right now.
I have all the original motor parts, it has power disk brakes, A/C, power windows, power bucket seat and vacuum trunk.

The Nitro R/T is blue with a stripe, check my images
Best reasonable offer for the '66 and what's owed on the Nitro.
PM if interested
Scott

#2 ·
Scott..
Man, I'll pray for you.. That stinks...... a bunch got laid off yesterday here at work as well and then the bg dealership in Hempstead, Texas, Lawrence Marshall closed, causing about 200 layoffs.. Hope you find something again soon..............

The '66 sounds like a very cool car................. Is it in the classified section?

Troy

#4 ·
Got any pics of the 66? I looked in your gallery and nothing..............

#5 ·
Thanks guys for the kind words.
I hope your injuries heal fast RamRoddin'
I will put the '66 in the classified now (thanks for the reminder, I guess I had other things on my mind)
Scott

#9 ·
Thanks guys!
Our worst case is to firesale the house and move to Washington state, my wife's family is there. I guess I will have to get used to rain!
Scott

#10 ·
I don't know how long you can hold on, but if you can, don't throw in the towell too quickly. There are jobs to BEE had...

#12 ·
Thanks Ram Man, that can be the best help there is!
I'm 52 and the resume is polished up, I hoping for someone that will appreciate my loyalty, I have only had 2 jobs in the last 30 years
I’m going to call the mortgage company tomorrow and see if they can extend the term of my mortgage so I can try not get foreclosed on.
I guess I should have been saving for a rainy day (It has been raining for the last 4 days in SoCal LOL)
I wish you all better luck than I have had in this economy!
Scott

#13 ·
i know what you are going thru i am 53 i lost 3 jobs last year just keep on going that all i have been trying to do i restructered our mortage got a better rate and lower payments i have had to sell a few things and i hope in time to replace like i said all we can do is keep on trying to go foward

#15 ·
We are hoping that the finance company will allow us a couple of months off of paying the loan. I'm sure they don't want the Nitro just as much as we want to keep it.
It looks like we may be able to negotiate the same thing with the mortgage company.
if we can, that will buy us a some time before we have to panic. (Not that I'm not already panicking)

#16 ·
I went thru this in '81

the economy was crap

I moved out of State and knew no one

married just 3 years

Got a job making $15 a hour (remember, 1980 - that was really good money)

moved out of a 3 room apartment to a 2 story townhouse w/ basement

told my wife this would be a great time to start a family, and I swear she got pregnant that same night

opened a couple of charge cards (Sears / MC )

sold my crappy old beater car and bought a brand new truck with plenty of bells and whistles

started a savings account

90 days later - you guessed it = lost my job

Wife was not working (but PG)

nice truck, but no money for payments / gas

TONS of bills

when we "slurged" on dinner, it was macaroni and loose meat

In that same 90 day period the town I lived in (Quad Cities, Iowa) - they closed the Campbell's soup plant with 2 days notice, Honda laid off over 700, and another plant (Sherman Williams paint) closed and left town - so of course at first, I was only looking for certain kinds of jobs, but after a few weeks, with creditors calling and no money in the bank, I applied anywhere - but all those people who were laid off before me had already applied ... selling off any and everything at yard sales for anything we could get

been there done that

#17 ·
sgillett, i'm sorry to hear you're going through all of that.

Ram Man i know exactly what you are talking about, we had the same trouble in our small town.

we lost 2 rather large manufacture plants and even a major hospital with in 6 months and my wife and i lived on credit cards for about a year and a half.

#18 ·
I sure hope the stimulus package is worth the money and actually accomplishes something

#19 ·
Sgillet I hope things gett better for you and you don't have to sell your stuff.
I use to work for a GM Dealer. Then one day i notice that the dealer was starting to cut somthings. Next thing I knew we where about to close. Sombody eles came in and bought the dealer out. then every thing was back to normal. For a short 6 months then they where cutting back on things not getting our pay checks on time. Then no pay check I couldn't quite because i would give up any rights to the money they owed me. Finaly after 5 weeks they shut the doors. Times where tuff and hard for a good 8 months. But I got a job 3 yrs later i'm doing alright. This economey freaks me out I'm only 24 and I don't want to go threw that stuff again. Twice in a life time is to many times for any body. In my case times turned around just in enough time i didn't have to sell my truck my Dart or my snowmobile. Not a moment to soon eaither some guy was supost to come look at the Dart and buy it the day befor i got the job i got now. I hated calling him and telling him it wasn't for sale any more but i didn't want it to go. Luckly he understood. ver nice guy if you ask me.
So i hope things get better for you and you don't have to part with your car or any thing that you love to make it buy. Thats one thing i hate to see is people saleing things they love to make it threw tuff times. So i wish the best for every body that has lost their job do to the tuff times. As a guy says on one of our local TV shows (the red green show). Remember I'm pullin for you because we are all in this together.

#20 ·
I GOT A JOB!!!!!!
I'm starting Wednesday and it is only 5 miles from my house.
I got hired by a company I have worked with for 9 years.
It was a 8K/year pay cut but WAY more than unemployment.
I get to stay in SoCal until we are ready to move on our own terms.
Thanks for all your support!
Scott

#21 ·
Now thats more like it..

Congrats......good luck...:tup:

#22 ·
Great news! Congrats!!!!!

#24 ·
We were able to weather the "storm" without selling off anything.
We were able to work with our mortgage company and made it through!
:rck:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.