DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live where I have to cross a big tolled bridge everyday. The toll creates a bottleneck that forces you to jockey for position. Well, I leave the toll like usual, hard. And notice there is a 3rd gen ram next to me but slightly ahead. He punches it to hold his position and I walk right by him. He catches me on the bridge and tries to do a ricer fly by, but I see him coming and punch it again. And lay waste to him again. This happened twice more before I ditched him by running a yellow/red and leave him at the intersection. The whole time I'm thinking "This must be one of those guys that think their 4.7 is all that. :evillaugh

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Pappy4Hemi said:
4.7 :shoot: :rocket: 5.7

Bets?

20 posts

40 posts

60 post

40-60 $5 dolla $5dolla

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Maybe it was a V6

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JTquint said:
OBOY here we go again....,

Why what ever do you mean?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
uncbob said:
Maybe it was a V6
hey...let's not bring us V6s in this....

no, I could really care less, I'm just watching for the excitement :D

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
Sweet kill!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
uncbob said:
Maybe it was a V6

Nope, it would have never hung with me. Or at least almost hung. ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
:VHOT: :blah: :blah:

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a 4.7, so what? It wasn't me that was trying to "jockey" for that position, so why include me in this post? Why include any other 4.7 guys in this post? You got a problem with someone and the way they acted towards you (whether it be at the toll or on this site), keep it with them. I absolutley AM one of those guys who thinks my truck, my 4.7, is the shet, but I don't think my truck is better than yours, please have the same respect.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
LeeR said:
I have a 4.7, so what? It wasn't me that was trying to "jockey" for that position, so why include me in this post? Why include any other 4.7 guys in this post? You got a problem with someone and the way they acted towards you (whether it be at the toll or on this site), keep it with them. I absolutley AM one of those guys who thinks my truck, my 4.7, is the shet, but I don't think my truck is better than yours, please have the same respect.
I believe the title to this thread is "The 4.7 that wished it could" which is refering to one specific 4.7. Maybe you should try to follow along before you allow your keyboard run off. :)

My respect is earned.

·
Jeep Driver
32,497 Posts
You guys are making my job way too hard! The 4.7 and 5.7 are both great engines. They are made for different purposes, and quite frankly, about 90% of the guys with the larger V8 do NOT need it, and bought it only because of Dodge's excellent "THAT THING GOTTA HEMI???" marketing campaign. Only time will tell which of the two was really better, and by that I mean, which one lasts the longest!

Take shots at Ford and Chevy guys all day long, but we will not have bickering between Dodge owners over which engine is better!

Keep the discussion friendly, or the thread will be closed.

·
Registered
521 Posts
FreeLantz said:
You guys are making my job way too hard! The 4.7 and 5.7 are both great engines. They are made for different purposes, and quite frankly, about 90% of the guys with the larger V8 do NOT need it, and bought it only because of Dodge's excellent "THAT THING GOTTA HEMI???" marketing campaign. Only time will tell which of the two was really better, and by that I mean, which one lasts the longest!

Take shots at Ford and Chevy guys all day long, but we will not have bickering between Dodge owners over which engine is better!

Dont the hemis already have cam problems? I do know that my 4.7 doesnt have a hemi tick. I have a 4.7 and not one problem to date with the engine. 54,000 miles.

I also think that it is funny that most hemi guys think that their engine is the ****, I have news for you, out of the Dodge engines the CTD is the best engine.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
slammed1 said:
we know it wasnt a Hemi because the badges right?????
Yeah. No nose badge with all the other badges present. As for which flavor it was. Well I was going by performance. In other words a 5.9 would have hung much better, and a six wouldn't have had a chance.

FreeLantz said:
You guys are making my job way too hard!
Sorry, just trying to convey a life experience.

The 4.7 and 5.7 are both great engines. They are made for different purposes, and quite frankly, about 90% of the guys with the larger V8 do NOT need it
True, true.

I'm always friendly boss. :D :D

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The Joker said:
Dont the hemis already have cam problems? I do know that my 4.7 doesnt have a hemi tick. I have a 4.7 and not one problem to date with the engine. 54,000 miles.

I also think that it is funny that most hemi guys think that their engine is the ****, I have news for you, out of the Dodge engines the CTD is the best engine and most powerful.

I have had no ticks or cam issues with my Hemi. :)

I feel I have one of the better motors available in a truck my class. But far from the best. I would be driving a 4X4 CTD if I could have justified it to the boss. ;)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
No cam issues here. Just the fact that I can't get
a decent programmer yet for the 04 Hemi.

·
Registered
521 Posts
BLACKWOLF said:
I would be driving a 4X4 CTD if I could have justified it to the boss. ;)
Yep me 2

1 - 20 of 157 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.