DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
418ci with a set of Edelbrock Heads that are fully ported and polished by Hughes Engines with 2.08 intakes.

Callies 4" forged crank, eagle h-beams, and diamond flat tops... netting 10.7:1 CR.

has a camshaft from Hughes Engines..
Hughes P/N HEH4246AL
Hydraulic Flat Tappet
Intake Valve Lift = .555”
Exhaust Valve Lift = .569"
Intake Duration at .050" = 242°
Exhaust Duration at .050" = 246°
Sweet Spot RPM 2500 - 6000

edelbrock rpm air gap, with a holley double pumper with manual secondaries...

should run like a raped ape!

On top of that, upgraded the truck to 1 ton axles with 4.56 gears and a locker in the rear... plus I had High Angle Driveline build some super duty 1410 series drivelines and yokes... and to stop the truck, having Vanco build my a Hydroboost setup.

It's going to be a completely different truck this go around!

Still have to plumb the brakes, but hopefully take the motor over to the dyno shop within the next couple weeks!! Will be sure to post copies of the specs and possibly a video... but for now, all you guys get are a few crappy cell phone pics!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Nice engine. Looks exactly like mine, except mine doesn't have the nice heads. Or the aluminum pulleys. Oh, and I don't have that nice intake and carb setup. yeah, I guess we just have the same color block. Nice work! One thing we do have that is the same is the engine stand 1200lbs and where mine had a slight bow with the engine on...I wonder how much lighter yours is....there is no bow with your engine on.

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice engine. Looks exactly like mine, except mine doesn't have the nice heads. Or the aluminum pulleys. Oh, and I don't have that nice intake and carb setup. yeah, I guess we just have the same color block. Nice work! One thing we do have that is the same is the engine stand 1200lbs and where mine had a slight bow with the engine on...I wonder how much lighter yours is....there is no bow with your engine on.
Those aluminum heads made a huge difference in weight... the motor before with the J heads had that stand bowed down a lot!! Me and my dad were talking about how the stand doesn't bow at all with these new heads. Plus now that I have all the air conditioning components off, it will look a lot better in the truck...

STILL TRYING TO SELL THE AIR CONDITIONING COMPRESSOR AND CLUTCH ;)

·
Registered
537 Posts
Those 340's are cool. I remember growing up a guy would come to town with a Dodge Demon that was 340 equipped. That thing was a terror. Another guy had one in a Dart that was set up strictly for the strip. He didn't lose many.

Caught a show a while back about legendary engines and the small block 340 made the cut. Got a kick out of the part where they made mention a 340 would embarrass a 396 big block Chev. That was stock on stock factory offerings.

·
Registered
125 Posts
75, it looks great but there's one thing that bothers me. Has Officer Carmen been made aware of these changes? If not I'm sure he will be soon.......lol:rck::gr_patrio

·
Mopar Madness - Get it...
4,032 Posts
75, it looks great but there's one thing that bothers me. Has Officer Carmen been made aware of these changes? If not I'm sure he will be soon.......lol:rck::gr_patrio
Not only that, where's the holes on the heads so you can bolt all your smog equipment back on??
:D :D :D

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not only that, where's the holes on the heads so you can bolt all your smog equipment back on??
hehe... its originally a Nevada truck and didnt come with all the smog equipment that California trucks did.... plus its a 1975 so it dont matter!

And I don't think Carmen works around here anymore...

·
4,032 Posts
hehe... its originally a Nevada truck and didnt come with all the smog equipment that California trucks did.... plus its a 1975 so it dont matter!

And I don't think Carmen works around here anymore...
Ahh-Ha! Boxer/Fienstien/Ahh-nold will be hearing of this!! We can't have you running around The Golden State with WAY too much HP and polluting future generations to come! THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! You will pay for this, young man ... You will PAY!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ahh-Ha! Boxer/Fienstien/Ahh-nold will be hearing of this!! You will pay for this, young man ... You will PAY!!
Wait until he drives past the "Guv-inator"
Cap you mufflers if you vont to live..............

·
4,032 Posts
Wait until he drives past the "Guv-inator"
Cap you mufflers if you vont to live..............
Hahaha!!! I could see Joel at a stop light next to Ahh-nold and SMOKING his Hummer off the line in "Some Ol' Dodge Pick-Um-Up" ... TOO classic!! :D :D :D
Then there'd be a NEW tax in KA. on 'pre-2000' Dodge trucks!

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so this weekend we got quite a bit of work done underneath the truck...

got the rear axle complete! brake lines are all put together and everything is done and painted and ready to go!

the front axle had a hiccup as I decided to do something a little different and run the hoses off the caliper straight up to the frame, and then run the brake lines down the crossmember. So the hoses won't be here until tuesday but that shouldn't take too long to fix.

Also, have a new parking brake cable made that should be done sometime this week.

The motor is complete and ready to go in. Just need to pull the inner valve springs to break in the cam.

Also, got my booster from Vanco on friday, but talked to Van directly and they sent me the wrong booster! Called them again today, and they are getting it straightened out and getting me a new one ASAP. Hopefully by the weekend.

But overall, it looks like everything should be back together very soon. After that I will have take the truck down to the alignment shop to get everything dialed in.

also got my variable-speed windshield wiper switch installed today! and picked up a hi-lift jack for $25 on friday!

after doing some more research about the local dyno shops, I think I'm just going to take the truck to the chassis dyno and have the carburetor dialed in there instead of at the engine dyno. The chassis dyno would run around 3 hours at $150/hour. While the engine dyno would run $600 for the whole day. Since I'm not going to be swapping parts or comparing anything really, I think I will be better off going to the chassis dyno that way I get an accurate horsepower reading to the wheels. Plus with his machine he can get me estimated crank horsepower readings (which is just without the 25-30% loss really). Anyways, so this kinda changes the plans for what im doing. Hopefully Vanco can get me the right brake booster by next weekend so I can get that finished and buttoned up. Still have to get the front brake hoses/line together also. So shouldn't take very long to do the brakes, IF i get the parts... But we will be installing the motor, breaking in the camshaft, reinstalling the inner valve springs and getting everything dialed in. after that I will have to take it to the alignment shop to get the front end done, and then put some miles on it to get the rings to seat. Hopefully can get to the chassis dyno before fire season starts. Running out of time as my start date is April 27th!

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
4,032 Posts
Damn Joel .... How do you find time to do all this and still go to school?
I gotta practically bribe my own kid just to come home for a weekend.. ;)

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Damn Joel .... How do you find time to do all this and still go to school?
I gotta practically bribe my own kid just to come home for a weekend.. ;)
man, i dont understand how students can complain about being busy when they are going to school full-time... I have been carrying 18-20 units every semester so far, and it's been easy. It was a little tough the last leg of fire season when it was 10 weeks at 40+ hours of work plus 2 days of 18 units of school... but, its been about 4 months now where I only had to concentrate on school full-time, and man its boring! I'm ready to go back to work, but can't find a job that will pay me enough to even match my seasonal unemployment, and fire season is starting back up april 27th... so more than likely I will be pretty damn busy again once that hits..

plus i get a $2/hour raise this summer!! time to make some more money and hopefully start saving it and spending less on the damn hot rod!

·
4,032 Posts
Heh heh heh ... OK, I get it now....
Hell, if I was 20 years old (I WAS once...) ... Mmmmm .... What would I rather do.... Go home and visit the Parental Units every now and then... OR ... Hang out with 19-20 year old girls....

Well, Duh.... ;D ;D ;D

·
'75 Power Wagon
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Heh heh heh ... OK, I get it now....
Hell, if I was 20 years old (I WAS once...) ... Mmmmm .... What would I rather do.... Go home and visit the Parental Units every now and then... OR ... Hang out with 19-20 year old girls....

Well, Duh.... ;D ;D ;D
I think that alheizmers hasn't stole everything from you!

lol, but seriously, i think you remember.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Bruce...your sons are young AND play musical instruments....you ever have one of those moments and you would say, "Man if I knew then what I know now..." trust me, they know and they are using that knowledge.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.