DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to start the de-badge! Here is all you need! The goof off works 10X better than the WD-40!

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry better pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
How are you doing this?

Explain.

I'm thinking of doing the same but I'm kinda scared to mess with the aesthetics of my badass truck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heat it up with a heat gun (or blow dryer) , pry it off (not with anything too hard) something plastic maybe, then rub off the tape with your thumbnail, and the residue with some goof off, I tried WD-40 first but it took way too long! Simple!

·
Registered
289 Posts
it looks like you had no ghosting...or am i wrong? thats an '03 right? i have a black 03 and the only reason im not prying those suckers off is because i dont want a white outline! How did u get it to look that good? good job!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
I did my doors yesterday and your right, it was a piece of cake. I used 3M Adhesive remover. Word of advice if ya got anymore debadging to do, try a piece of fishing line. I didn't heat them up, and the fishing line saws right through the tape.

Attachments

·
Fireball!!!
1,049 Posts
I see the Goof Off and the WD-40, but what did you use the Miller Lite for? LOL jk, Looks good i will try and finish mine this weekend...

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Looks good. I'm a firm believer in goof off after I debadged my truck. I tried the WD-40 also and it didn't work well at all. 4U2NV, don't you know that Miller Lite is a key ingredient for nearly every mod you do to your truck!!! haha.
;)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The beer was to wash off the Goof Off! No, I did drink a few as part of procedure.

·
A Little Show & No Go
543 Posts
I'm with Budd the 3M Adhesive remover and fishing line worked great on mine.

·
Banned
3,902 Posts
I used GOOF OFF and fishing line. Worked very nice.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Gotta have the Miller Lite!!

·
Registered
289 Posts
when using the fishing line...do you cut between the chrome part of the badge and the black adhesive? Also, do u cut straight down or do you cut back and forth or what? im just making sure so i dont mess up my paint. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Just put the line inbetween the badge and the paint, and use a sawing like motion with the line.

·
ITS SO SLOW !
1,653 Posts
i used goo gone and an e string off an old box guitar and then some meguiars cleaner and no ghosting whatsoever

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
i did mine today. finishing line and goof off / goo gone (i think goof off worked better, but i ran out. both worked.)

i'll tell you this, don't do any rubbing with anything abrasive (i did my first letter this way, and i paid for it.)

after pulling the letters, and then working in the 96 degree heat / 90 percent humidity, the most 'work' was getting the glue off. that crap sucks ass. a little wax and a quick buff when it was done, and i'm good.

i still have to work out the haze that i put by using an abrasive sponge on one letter. but it looks good.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.