DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am one TICKED off MOFO... Last night we were leaving the bar and my friend and his 2 cousins came with us. They parked next to me in the parking garage and after i pulled out to leave and put it in drive to pull foward, the dude threw it in reverse and ran right into me.. :VHOT: I looked at my friend and was like, NO HE DIDN'T. Got his insurance stuff, i just hope i dont have to give a dime for any of it. I wasnt about to call the cops at 2am on a Saturday night in a parking garage next to a bar. I wasnt even close to being intoxicated but you know they would be giving someone tickets for something stupid.

So does anyone have a rough $$$ estimate? the bumper is also closed on the driverside now like it twisted it or something. :VHOT:

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dude, that sucks! I got whacked in the same spot by my wife, of all people! She cut the wheel too soon when she was backing out of the garage. It wasn't quite that bad. I was able to push it out from the inside so there's just a couple of small ripples in the sheet metal now. Anyway, I feel for you............

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YEah but this is my BABY.. it will have no ripples in it and i dont wanna even know it happened. yaknow

·
Built Not Bought
1,870 Posts
Thta sucks, but it doesnt look too bad. You should be able to bump it out

·
Wreck Em Tech
509 Posts
That sucks man. At least you got his insurance though. My truck was parked at the lake with my boat trailer hooked up to it and someone pulled a hit and run on my bumper.

·
Registered
32,962 Posts
Well if the dude is smart he will settle up with you without getting the insurance company involved! It will be a lot cheaper for him in the long run!

·
Registered
4,953 Posts
My guess is about $1000.00 give or take a few for market labor rates etc.....

I hope everything gets smoothed out soon for you!

-Scott :cool:

·
Dodge Enthusiast
243 Posts
I know that a new rear step bumper is around $480, or at least that is what I was quoted on for mine as an aftermarket bumper from Dodge. Sorry to hear it, hope everythign works out...

·
Registered
7 Posts
I did the same thing with my 99 Ram, it costed me about $1,700 with a new bumper.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I don't know how it works with your state but in Florida we have No Fault Insurance. I had a guy cross the center line and his mirror hit my mirror breaking it off and then it hit my drivers door glass shattering it all over me and a friend. Glass all over the interior of the truck. We were way out on a country road a good distance from town. Since both me and the guy that hit me had to be somewhere and couldn't wait for the cops we exchanged information. Well because no cop was present to determine fault and he denied he was at fault to his insurance company I ended up having to eat my deductible which is $500.00. The total damage was $875.00 which included the mirror, glass, touch up scratches in the door and a rub mark and small dent on the bed side. Which only means I got enough to fix the glass and replace the mirror. The body and paint damage is so ever slight that I decided not to worry about it. I figured the paint repair probably wouldn't match and the damage is hardly noticeable. So I am living with it. The guy that hit me had a patch on his left eye. After we parted ways we were still at the scene cleaning the glass out of the truck. A few minutes later a guy in another truck pulled up behind us and asked if we were ok. He said a guy almost hit him down the road a few miles back. He described the guy that hit my truck to a tee. He said that he crossed the center line. What a bummer. I learned next time to call the cops regardless how long it takes them to get there.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I actually had my uncle take a look at it. He said I'll need new bumper mounts, maybe a new bumper. He hit my wheel to which just scuffed it, but he said it may have bent my rim so they want to check that, plus the rear end to make sure it didnt screw anything up. And they wont be able to pull out the dent because it is creased in multiple spots so they will need to weld on a new side panel. He said easily over $2000 to do it right.. And they WILL do it right.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Ouch! I guess you won't be seeing much of you friends cousin any more, huh? Best of luck with everything!

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The funny thing is that was the first time i met him.. It was my friend and his one cousin that always comes out with us and they his other cousin..Yeah I was #[email protected]#^ off. All i can say is his insurance better not put up any fight paying for it.

·
Registered
559 Posts
same thing happened to me man. except for I was standing inside a house and i saw some guy jump in his car and back into my truck. unfortunately for me, it was on my door so i can't really get to the dent that well. i was able to pop most of it out with a dent puller.....
hope you get things worked out.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
YEAh my insurance company is going to send a guy out to TELL ME.. yes tell how much it should cost and then they will give me that money. Minus my $500 deductable.. I'm like WAIT A MINUTE.. I have a deductable even though it was not my fault. He said yes and then we will go after his insurance and attempt to get your deductable back.. So i have to wait like 8 years to see that $500 dont I? I was thinking about callinghis insurance and maybe going directly through them so i have no deducatable. Is that a wise idea?

·
Registered
268 Posts
That's probably what you should have done in the first place. The only problem you might run into is if he decides to claim that it wasn't his fault, since the cops weren't involved and there were no tickets issued, it's your word against his. Before you go through all the insurance BS, it might be worth it to call the guy and give him the option to pay cash for the repairs. Then nobody's rates go up and it goes away. Just my opinion.........

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I told my company to hold back and i called his and they said they would take care of it.. They said it sounds pretty cut and dry. I just dont want to risk my rate to go up..

BigBlue.. I'm friends with his 2 cousins that saw it. My buddy said if he denies it they both saw it and his mom would kick his @$$ if he tried to deny it. Trust me he will accept responsability.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Cool. Glad to hear you got it worked out, aside from the obvious inconvenience to you, of course.

·
Chicks dig bench seats.
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah really.. Oh well "stuff" happens. If he ever see's me out again he better start buyin me drinks. Although i dunno if he can afford it after his insurance goes through the roof. And what was he driving? Thats right a 1984 Oldsmobile Omega.. aka A TANK of wheels. it scuffed his paint a little, it matches the rest of the car to. And i just washed mine that day.. I have alot of miles left on that truck and it needs to be beautiful till the day it dies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.