Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got my headlights finished.

That figures...I'll re-boot and try again.

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here we are

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just can't get it to work, the pics upload to the point I just about think its done then it never finishes, I'll have to try some other time, I have uploaded b-4 so I don't know whats wrong..sorry.

JP

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here...Finally did it but the other 2 pics are to large evidently, I'll try and re-size them.

Attachments

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
here are more I fixed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
looks good. i probably would have painted more of the chrome but it looks good too.

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DannyMK2 said:
looks good. i probably would have painted more of the chrome but it looks good too.
I thought about that, I go to work at 0200 or 0300 in the morning, I was afraid that I wouldn't have good headlights if I painted anymore, I left that little strip on the side to help the turnsignals show, thats what they did in the how to, I thought about painting them, I figured those other guys know more than me, I like how it turned out, its different, I have yet to see it done around here.

JP

·
Registered
23,005 Posts
Looks classy Bro. :tup:

KB

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! It really makes a difference, now I have to do a search to find out how to paint those chrome bumpers the right way. :D

·
Serenity
5,947 Posts
jp5.7 said:
Thanks guys! It really makes a difference, now I have to do a search to find out how to paint those chrome bumpers the right way. :D
I think the best way to do it is to trade the chrome bumpers with someone painted bumpers and re-paint those as needed ;)

·
Infinite Lives
6,499 Posts
That looks very nice.I have thought about takin an old set of those and tinting the orange reflector black.

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
Awesome job! Now go to Walmart or your local auto parts store and look for the chrome turn signals. They glow amber when they light up but have a chrome tint to them when they are off. They are only like 5-6 bucks and they get rid of that amber shine you can see.

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
bamataco said:
Looks good, but does this mod effect the brightness of the headlights?
No, I have already drove in the dark with mine, there is no difference, as long as you don't paint all of the chrome reflector your good to go.

JP

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ggravant said:
I think the best way to do it is to trade the chrome bumpers with someone painted bumpers and re-paint those as needed ;)
I thought about that Gary but shipping would be expensive, plus I spent 7 years in freight the likelyhood of the bumper getting to me bent in half is to great, there has got to be a way to paint them so they will last.

JP

·
Sysco
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
360Plus said:
Awesome job! Now go to Walmart or your local auto parts store and look for the chrome turn signals. They glow amber when they light up but have a chrome tint to them when they are off. They are only like 5-6 bucks and they get rid of that amber shine you can see.
Thanks, I never thought about that, I'm going to go get them tomorrow. Thanks again for that info!!

JP

·
Now Hemiplus
1,835 Posts
jp5.7 said:
Thanks, I never thought about that, I'm going to go get them tomorrow. Thanks again for that info!!

JP
Take some more pictures after you do that so we can see the difference.

·
Master Baiter
661 Posts
Looks nice. I love the look of painted headlights. :rck:

I painted mine Grey to match the truck, and it looks sweet. I also tinted the amber reflector. I painted the entire chrome area on the bezel surrounding the headlight, and didn't notice any dimming of the light output. I think the "bowl" part does all the reflecting. I also painted the turn signal "bowl". I was concerned about it not putting out enough light, but I don't have any problems with it. Even during the day, it's still plenty bright. If I was to polish the painted syrface, I'm sure it would be even brighter. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.