DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Z just PMed me that ennis is going to be open THIS Sat too.

Latest News:
This Saturday: Test and Tune
November 03, 2007 -
Texas Motorplex will be having an open Test and Tune this Saturday. This event will be open to all racers. Tech will be in the lanes.
$15 to Race - $10 to Watch
Gates will open at 9am.
Racing from 10am - 5pm.
Call 972-878-2641 for more information.

So who's in????

·
1,965 Posts
I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! since they just scheduled it there and most people thought they were done for the season there shouldn't be too many people there..plus that nice and cold air in the morning should yeild some good times..

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok and guess if there are any fanatic types other there,
One could hit Ennis in the morning then make the 206 mile trek to red river to run under the lights in some 50 deg air.
as well as get a good view of this action:
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177347

·
1,965 Posts
Caylen (guy with the rumblebee) said hes going and were going to k-dale sunday evening..

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zemog255 said:
Caylen (guy with the rumblebee) said hes going and were going to k-dale sunday evening..
Cool,
Talked with Joey yesterday, he mght come up out if he gets some bits finished on his his truck.

You need to check with Kenedale, they are starting the big bracket race event today. They aren't having street legal or any open test N tune tonight, fri or sat.
Sun is the last day of the brackets and it does say open for street wars then the outlaw match racin..
If I was guessing you might be able to run earlier than normal on Sun, but give em a call to verify.

Last night not many tuning but the place was thick with dragsters and trailers coming in for todays action.

·
1,965 Posts
Sorry randy looks like im not gonna make it...

JUST KIDDING :D Putting a set of lt headers on caylen's bee on friday hopefully have it wrapped up so he can test them out saturday..if not he will be our personal camera man lol

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well we do need a personal camera man..
but the Bee needs to be run with fresh headers more.
which headers is he doing?

·
1,965 Posts
Pacesetter Lt hearders ceramic coated with 3in y-pipe no cats..

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
zemog255 said:
Pacesetter Lt hearders ceramic coated with 3in y-pipe no cats..
He's going to get a nice gain from those.

·
1,965 Posts
Ya he will..were gonna go cruise with open headers some that's my fav. part of doing header installs everytime ive done it we go drive around with straight headers it so loud i love it !!!

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well a tad warm and humid but still a good day at the track.

Here's a few pics, all the camera gal managed to get in the vid dept was one short one of her knee cap and a longer one of her foot. :D

Attachments

·
1,965 Posts
Cool pics my dad will be happy he finally got a pic of his car haha the first time we took it out none of his vids made it to us and the people that were supposed to bring a camera that time didn't show up lol

·
1,965 Posts
I guess Ennis was just teasing everyone by saying the last few weekends were the last for the season the scheduled another Test and tune for this saturday the air should be better this weekend but it was supposed to be good the last few weekends so i don't wanna get my hopes up. but i'll be out there if anyone else wants to go.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know I don't care much for this racing silliness but I'll probably be there.
Forecast says 78 degrees.

November 17 Test and Tune
November 17, 2007 -
Texas Motorplex will be having an open Test and Tune on Saturday 11/17/07 weather permitting.
This event will be open to all racers. Tech will be in the lanes.
$15 to Race - $10 to Watch
Gates will open at 9am.
Racing from 10am - 5pm.
Call 972-878-2641 for more information

You should hit kennedale on thur night, forecast says a high of 68 low of 52 with sunny skies. Might actually get to run in some sub 60 deg air that night.

·
1,965 Posts
Ya went to kennedale sunday def. don't go then thats all i'll say but i cant get to kennedale on thursday or i would go out there then..

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
zemog255 said:
Ya went to kennedale sunday def. don't go then thats all i'll say but i cant get to kennedale on thursday or i would go out there then..
Yep I was kennedale the sun night before, total madhouse.

·
1,965 Posts
Man i wish the weather would be like this tomorrow im freaking cold!!! :D but no it will be 10 am tomorrow and i'll be sweating in the shade probally.

·
Toothy Critters Rock!
7,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
zemog255 said:
Man i wish the weather would be like this tomorrow im freaking cold!!! :D but no it will be 10 am tomorrow and i'll be sweating in the shade probally.
No it was feaking cold last night..
Haha I really really need DR's.
First on the new 305-50-20's did a mild burnout, launched from idle, hit rev limit in .005 seconds to a 2.78 60', let off as it was getting real squirrelly at about 45 mph.
Next run massive burnout, still only pulled a 2.157 spin 25'.
Got to measure while we waited for them to haul off the camaro that snapped it's axle right after my run.
I figured it out a little bit but never got it to really stop spinning so I didn't EVEN try the short belt.
Sill got some good 9.0x runs, beat a 5.7 tundra reg cab twice and then one them thar supercharged harley fords.
Best run was a 9.06 but even then my 60' was way out @ 2.07
Good times for me at kennedale but it could have been so much better if I could have got the tires to at least pretend to hook.

So much for the "new" in new tires, huh?:
Lucky for me 95% of that smeg is their track vs my tires.

Attachments

·
1,965 Posts
haha ya there seems to be alittle rubber back there. I have noticed still that sunday i went when there were alot of fast fast cars and when i went on a wednesday once the track hooked better than ever..I guess thursday they just don't care because there street cars. I think we are pretty much equal on street tires and 20's. This weekend will be my last run on the 17's probally im gonna save up and buy some new 20's that are 19lbs I don't like running fast at the track and knowing that's the only place i'll run fast with my track wheels. Then i get to go back to traction issues though :help:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.