DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made this thread cause the old one kinda got into a bunch of different topics. This one is for anybody driving down to Austin that is going to be coming from or passing through DFW. Just wanting to see when everybody is heading down. I am probably leaving sometime on Friday morning? Would adjust my schedule that way I can caravan with some other people. So post it up people!

·
Under Construction
1,013 Posts
same here leaving @4

Josh

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Not me... my ass is sleeping in. That's just too damn early. That's like 2 for me... and I'm always still up then. lol... like now. :D

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
The reason we are going down there so early is that the gates open for Registry then for those entering there rides into the Judging. The first i think 100 entries get a few prizes and stuff, but i mainly want to get there for the best parking spot, or atleast a choise. IF you are entering your ride you need to be there before noon i think, or alot earlier. I need to know how many people are going to enter their rides, because I will be telling them at the gate/entry area that we are a group/club for Dodgetalk.com and need ### so many spots.. If this is possible, but i will have to see when i get there.. They dont have a # to call for info, and thier web email address doesnt work for some reason..

Rumble0942 and I have decided to get down there as early as possible, just remeber you guys this a a FRIGGIN HUGE EVENT, and Traffic into this place is a ngihtmare... Once your ride is there, it will stay there until 6pm of each day, but to remove you vehicle is something of a mystery to me, and from what i read on the site, it states that you cannot remove it unless you have a special pass to do so, BUT your ride will be subject to a disqualification from the judging... Thats goeas for all the days includidng SUN, where you will have to leave it there until 6pm after the voting/judging has been completed.

The first Day (Friday) is a preliminary set-up day, where as from 8am-11am you park and set up you area, and shine up your ride for display. If you go to the section on their website it has a guide telling you what will happen for as events and time table...

Again the addres to the Fairgrounds is 7311 Decker Ln. Austin TX 78724

I have it actually memorized by now. Got to maps.google.com and type in that address at the top. Then when the map pops up switch to the SAT (Satellite) View and Zoom in to see the Fairgrounds. Now the map is probably a few years old, but you get a clue where it is and the surrounding areas. I think google maps are bad ass. Just right click on the map at any time and drag it around... If you have dial up then beware, i do believe it will be slower for you guys...

So Far it is Myself and Rumble0942 that are caravaning down begining at 4am FRIDAY MORNING, MEETING AT COSTCO, in LEWISVILLE OFF OF 121 and 35, next to the Vista Ridge Mall. Itll take me about 10 minutes to get there from where i live at that time in the morn... PLEASE, PLEASE dont be late, from what i understand we are leaving there AT 4am, not meeting there at 4 then waiting for others to arrive. Make sure to fill up before arrival. Rumble jump in anytime to corredt me if i am wrong, or you had otehr ideas.. It will take about 3-4 hrs to reach our destination, first the hotel, then to the grounds. There is some construction further down I-35 and will slow the process some, so again we would like to be there at a reasonible time to get the best selection of where we want to set up....

If any of you guys have anything to say, PLEASE SPEAK UP NOW!! There is about a week left for planning, and I for one would like for this to go as smoothly as possible.

I will be bringing one extra seat for someone else to use, if needed.. A Crap ton of water, and a cooler i hope to find soon... and Suntan lotion, just in case you guys need some i will have it, with my irish blood id boil myself to death if i didnt have it.. As for shade i really dont know what to bring... Suggestions? nothing to expensive would be great... As for ground conditions, i really dont know, i have seen pics of the area from last years pics, and it is a mix..

Oter than that, i hope to hear more of your guys input and what we can do to make this a smooth transition, especially those of you that want ot enter your rides in the show... LAter... :rck:

·
Chix Ride
1,651 Posts
512-252-0286
try that # thats the one ive been usin to get ahold of them about press passes and stuff...they might beable to help u
we are leavin at 2am friday morning from Mo.

·
Under Construction
1,013 Posts
I got my speed pass in the mail yesterday and the paperwork says that registration is from 7am to 6pm. I am going to call today to see what type of space we have to set up shade and what not. I have two coolers and will be packed with water. I also thought iwould bring the small grill to cook up some lunch, just a thought. I went to the Hotrod Power Tour last year and the wife and I bought 2 waters and 2 hotdogs for 21 dollars. As fas as the shade goes I thought I would bring a 10x10 canopy, this is why I am calling to see where we would be parked (ei. grass or concrete) to know whether I would need to bring tent stakes or sinder blocks. I will be ready to go thursday night and will probably get the costco around 3:30 or so. The THW paperwok also said that no spots would be saved. After you receive your class there willbe an area to park and wait for the rest of your club. If most of the other guys are not coming until later then waiting willbe out of the question. It would defeat the purpose of getting there early to get a good spot. I think that is it.

Josh

512-252-0283 THW Info line

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Well, so far... no one else is planning on going down later I guess from up here... so I might leave around that time and just follow up on you as I'm around the 35/20 area and it'd take too long for me to drive up north when I could sleep some more. lol

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't plan on showing my truck since it isn't that nice. I am probably going to be going down sometime before lunch but not as early as 4 AM.

·
Registered
10,465 Posts
I wish I could get there early so we all can park together, my boss said no to having the whole day off and his wife says yes I can have it off...So I wont be able to leave here till alittle after noon....

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
Yea, I'm not even totally sure about entering the Strat now... I'll have it washed before I go down, but I don't think I'll clean it up anymore once I get down there, unless it's just a big glob of ass on the hood or something.

·
HEMINATOR
1,131 Posts
A question about the passes... I guess you get them in the MAil right>> I registered online on the last day to do it, before the price went up to 55.00.. Actually its funny because i did it 1 hr before midnight on the last day.. whew!! Close one.. I havent recieved anything yet, and how long does it take to get it? If i dont recieve it in the mail, i have the comfirmation info i recieved when i purchased it, so will that do?? I guess ill have to contact them, via phone... Thanks for the info...

Josh ill be there around 3:30 ish too...

Please any body if you are going to THW early with us let us know... And if anyone can contact the Admin, or a Moderator and ask them to move this to the General Section, and Sticky It to the top.. There are already a few over there, and it shouldnt be a problem tacking this one up there too,,, Ill see if i can contact them now.. LAter.. :rck:

·
5 Years... 6 Dodges
25,280 Posts
I did it I think 2 nights before early reg. was over... and it came in the mail on Wednesday for me.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I will be leaving about 5:30 -6:00 saturday morning....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.