DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
i want to bust an 8.

I might have to add a little happy juice.

2,395 Posts
lol, if i dont run 7.90 or quicker on my 125 shot after i get this cam installed, im going to be PISSED!! haha. well, these runs have, and will be run on street tires, so they do have their limitations. i cant wait to see my times when i get some drag radials.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Is this for yalls 1/8 mile times or 1/4 mile times

2,395 Posts
lol, definatly our 1/8 mile times. if yo0 get those LT headers and 6.1 cam installed you'll be in the high 8's on motor alone. im shooting for around mid 8's on motor when i go out to the track with this new cam. i really need some drag radials so i can go WOT off the line.....i've got the wheels, who wants to buy the drag radials and we'll trade off!!! haha

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
haha ok cuz i was thinking and i was like hmm i hope thats now there 1/4 mile times cuz i wouldnt show up hahaha. Yea im getting 1500 dollars soon so maybe ill have enough for new cams, rods and pistons and headers

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
oh and im getting a qtp electric cut out to make the beeeeast louder

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Do i need new rods and pistons for a new cam? i mean it would help but will the hemi take the new cam?

2,395 Posts
Mopar1710Bee said:
Do i need new rods and pistons for a new cam? i mean it would help but will the hemi take the new cam?
you wont need new rods or pistons with a new cam. if you get a cam other than the 6.1L you'll need new springs. i opted for the Manley, you can get by with the 6.1 exhaust springs, but i wanted the best.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
So if i get the 6.1 cams its ok with all the stock set up?

2,395 Posts
yeah, you should be fine with everything with the 6.1 cam. If you just wanted to upgrade the springs for a little reasurance, i would just go with the 6.1L exhaust springs.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks for the help. Im looking at the cams, springs and an electric cutout and hopes that it will be on by February

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.