DodgeTalk Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had this ugly stump from an overgrown holly tree next to my house since I moved in and chainsawed it down to the stump. Well this past weekend we had some nice weather, so I decided to put the ol' HEMI to the test. Hooked up the chain, dropped it in 4 low and gave her hell. Ripped it right out. The picture isn't great (cellphone). Thought I would share.

·
Team EH.
1,659 Posts
I love doing that. Have pulled out a few trees with my truck. It's awesome to feel the power of the truck.

·
Premium Member
22,963 Posts
wow, I've seen that done before and the chain broke and almost put a hole in the tailgate, broke the backwindow..

wait, didn't we have someone on here not too long ago do that??!

Truck would have done it in 2WD :)

·
GetALittleMudOnTheTires
8,389 Posts
haha nice. just be careful my dad did this with his truck last summer and the chain flew off and smashed his tailgate.

·
Thread Derailer
1,854 Posts
yea chains are a no no, so are hooks, if you MUST use one, put a strap in there somewhere to absorb the energy when the chain ultimately breaks

stump pullin is fun
just don't try anything too big
i've pulled plenty of smaller trees (trunks smaller than 1' diameter)

took a shot at some pines yesterday (stumps only, but very old trees, with deep roots, nothing under 3' diameter), it took two tries and i knew the only thing that was gonna give was gonna be my truck (i have a pretty gnarly strap that won't break anytime soon)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.