DodgeTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a new member so this happened a couple weeks ago. My friend and i always dick around at car lots and we found this black r/c hemi so i had to drive it. When the salesman started it, it sounded like a damn dragster. Anyway, my friend drove it first and when we turned left a red light he got it straightened up and he punched it and it just broke loose. Excluding a corvette this was one of fastest cars or trucks i have been in. I havent ever been in a lightning or viper ram but i couldnt imagine being in any faster of a truck. The ironic thing is, is that saturday i traded and got a 05 just like it and it would kick the hell out of my stock hemi. What do you think the guy did to it. When we popped the hood it was just normal. If a programmer and a certain type of exhaust can do this much power than i guess a lot you guys have what this guy HAD and i envy you all. Maybe a couple thousand dollars later i can have it too.
 

·
Brad
Joined
·
1,764 Posts
if it sounded really loud it probably had some exhaust system in it which can increase hp.
 

·
One day at a time
Joined
·
1,003 Posts
Since it sounded like a dragster you think it had been cammed up? Might had lower gears installed also. What size tires did it have? If it had 20" wheels on it and broke loose going straight already moving, I would like to take a ride in it myself!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it just had the 17's but damn it was fast and it would have smoked the hell out of 20's as well but i dont think it would have broken loose like it did if it had the 20's. Like i said i now have a truck just like it and when i punch mine from a dead stop it will chirp the tires a little but this one would just spin out of control. Would definately do one hell of a smoke show.
 

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
go to the dealer, and maybe see if u can find the previous owner of the black truck, and aske what they did to it, and mostly WHY DID U TRADE IT IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
what year was the used one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a 04 with 29,000 miles. Truck was in great condition and drove well. We asked the salesman and he said that they had just gotten it from another dealership and he didnt have any idea of who the previous owner was.
 

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
dang that sucks, my 05' is pretty peppy, i chirp the tires barly pressing the peddle, superchips should be coming out with a programmer soon, from what ive heard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
Doubt it had a programmer since it's the 04. What kind of pavement was it on? Pavement makes a difference. There is a chance it could have been one of the hemis that put close to 300hp to the wheels and yours 250, that would make up the big difference between the two. Yours needs to break in too.. I've seen dyno results really vary. For instance I have never been to a dyno but a friend of mine has a 04 2500 and I have a 03 2500 and mine feels much more powerful even he admitted so. that was before the programer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It wouldnt have made any difference at all what pavement it was on. That was the damnedest truck i've ever been in. My 05 is pretty peppy also (180 miles on it, if the engine breaks in much more i'll be changin tires alot), but what mine does when i power brake it, that truck did by just letting off of the break and just punching it. It wouldnt hardly even move, just spin. I wouldnt even know how to go about racing it. I guess fat ass tires would help. Check out street and strip in moment, i just got some kills about 9:30 tonite. Nothing big just a 6cyl rustang of mine friends. "Kill is a kill is a kill." Howard Stern
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
ramtough said:
dang that sucks, my 05' is pretty peppy, i chirp the tires barly pressing the peddle, superchips should be coming out with a programmer soon, from what ive heard.
Don't hold your breath

Josh Brown said:
what year was the used one?
i was just about to ask that. Apparently not the TMR mod.
 

·
2012 Texas Ram Express
Joined
·
4,220 Posts
Im not, dont matter to me, one way or the other, i love my stock hemi power!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
7,195 Posts
ramtough said:
Im not, dont matter to me, one way or the other, i love my stock hemi power!!
I used to say that when i first owned my mustang GT. After that it'll leave you hungry for more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
130 Posts
wait till you get that sucker broke in it will feel much faster. i am just under 2000 miles and can tell a huge difference.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,953 Posts
Pavement surface always matters. Even for the big boys. :D

If that truck is what you describe then I would guess it has an exhaust swap with a cam and shorter gears. All these mods would show big time on the butt dyno.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
some run better then others it could be the different computers theres something like 70 different computers......some run 13s with very little mods and some dont


.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I agree that pavement does play a big role. A concrete surface would be easier to spin than an asphault surface but all i meant was this truck would spin like crazy no matter the surface. To give you guys a little more of comparison. My x-girlfriend has a 04 infiniti g35 coupe and this truck felt quicker than that. I drove it alot so i now exactly how hers felt. (we're still talkin about the car right?). I think the infiniti is somewhere in the low 6's 0-60. I could be wrong though. Also, the same friend that went w/me, several months ago we drove, or he drove a Silv. SS and this hemi put me back in the seat harder than the SS. My friend is also a huge Chevy guy and agreed the dodge was faster than the SS. SS do about 6.5 sec's right.

Given those two comparisons i would probably say the dodge was probably in the mid to upper 5's 0-60. Like i said in my earlier post. My hemi feels quick and probably with headers and a programmer and possibly something else and diff gears i could probably see how that truck was that quick. (mine is the exact same truck but diff 17's). I asked the salesman if stock hemi's ran that hard (understand this was my first time in r/c s/b 2x4 hemi) and he said none that he has been in. If i get a chance i will run down to the service dept. at that dealership and ask what the truck had.
 

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
I used to say that when i first owned my mustang GT. After that it'll leave you hungry for more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more and more
...and more? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
By the way, the truck i believe is still at the dealership. It is in North Little Rock, AR at Fletcher Dodge if any of you Arkansas guys want to check it out. Given that the dealership hasn't already f--ked with it.
 

·
The Legendary Cross Ram
Joined
·
3,696 Posts
Dang, I'm in California.
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top